Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 "failed FBI test miserably"

Have had 3 P320's. Two sucked. One was good. I don''t think it deserves all the accolades it gets though. The trigger is hardly that good, in fact I think a bit cheesy. It's as if there is a "reset" noise built into the gun for just that purpose-makes it seem more than it is in my humble opinion.

They would have been better off taking the original P250 as designed with DA/SA and shorter 3mm reset in only 9mm, redo the sights so it is standard SIG dovetails, update the whole thing just a bit.

I can't wait to see what others have broght to the table. The color on the CZ is fantastic. I am really interested in the new FN striker hinted at- any updates?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I am really interested in the new FN striker hinted at- any updates?
    There were a few details mentioned in a September Primary & Secondary Modcast by Roland (of Roland Special fame) about the FN entrant.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser92 View Post
    I have no dog in the fight but I always wondered about this. Isn't the 320 simply a striker-fired P250? It seemed like the 250 was widely panned and didn't win any contracts. Wouldn't the 320 inherit the shortcomings of the 250, save for anything directly related to the trigger and hammer mechanisms?
    Off the main topic, I always liked the P250. I ran about 5k through a full size gun, even shooting Bianchi Cup with it. The 250 in my experience was accurate and reliable, and as a revolver guy I liked he DAO trigger.

The gun really only had two major problems: couldn't change the rear sight for something better, and it was a DAO gun when DAO guns weren't cool anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Off the main topic, I always liked the P250. I ran about 5k through a full size gun, even shooting Bianchi Cup with it. The 250 in my experience was accurate and reliable, and as a revolver guy I liked he DAO trigger.

The gun really only had two major problems: couldn't change the rear sight for something better, and it was a DAO gun when DAO guns weren't cool anymore.

I constantly come close to picking up a 250 Compact because you can get them in 9 for like $350 and I was under the impression the bugs were worked out. This new news on the 320 has me more hesitant.

State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Sample size of 8 p320s between my 4 and 4 more owned by friendse. 2 needed an updated extractor. All have been reliable and very accurate. Round cunts of 10-20k haven't had any effect on accuracy.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

My round counts are still pretty low, but with P320 40 Full Size, 40 Carry size, 40 Compact size, and a Full size and Compact 9mm, so far nothing but perfect performance and superb accuracy from them all. Mine have all be produced within the last 6 months. No worries here, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I constantly come close to picking up a 250 Compact because you can get them in 9 for like $350 and I was under the impression the bugs were worked out. This new news on the 320 has me more hesitant.

For that money though you might as well risk it! Because if it's good you have a solid AIWB option for under 4 bills.

I bought a p320 compact wanting to love it. I shoot it very well, but it had weak ejection with 115 Blazer brass. Some rounds were trickling out and hitting my support hand (southpaw). I then started having stovepipes. I'm still on the Blazer, having bought bulk, but it's not making the carry rotation any time soon.
    Last edited by KCBRUIN; 12-27-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Sample size of 8 p320s between my 4 and 4 more owned by friendse. 2 needed an updated extractor. All have been reliable and very accurate. Round cunts of 10-20k haven't had any effect on accuracy.
    Uh, that should have read "round counts..." I was running on no sleep for 24 hours--long air travel odyssey.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Uh, that should have read "round counts..." .
    I am glad the round counts did not affect the accuracy either, LOL

User Tag List