Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2016

I bet you can find it on YouTube.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find video of MSNBC's election night coverage? I want to watch the whole thing, start to finish.

Seriously, though - news flash to lefties in the midst of a conniption: we put someone into a political office, we didn't divinize an ageless god king.

Calm. Down.
    For people who saw themselves as being rightful heirs to a permanently ascendant position of limitless power it may well look that way. Remember: There are a number of people looking at this through the prism of their expectation of what they would do with power.

To quote Claude Werner, inside the chest of every utopian beats the heart of totalitarian oppression.

The people in hysterics over what Trump will do are the same sorts who went on social media expressing giddy glee at the thought of people coming to forcibly disarm normal guys like you and me. Their fears are a funhouse mirror view of their plans for the rest of us.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 11-09-2016 at 03:57 PM.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    To quote Claude Werner, inside the chest of every utopian beats the heart of totalitarian oppression.

The people in hysterics over what Trump will do are the same sorts who went on social media expressing giddy glee at the thought of people coming to forcibly disarm normal guys like you and me. Their fears are a funhouse mirror view of their plans for the rest of us.
    QFT!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

And BHO still has a couple months in office and a pen full of ink.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I bet you can find it on YouTube.
    Just found a clip, not the whole thing. Everyone in the audience looks like they're on the way to the gallows.

"Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Trump's likely cabinet picks. Apparently he likes people who think outside the box and are not afraid to disagree with him - both very good signs. Although I would like to see someone replace Chris Christie on the list, it is overall a very good list. No one person can ever be an expert in everything. If he gets the right people under him and listens to them, we are in for a very good next 4-8 years.

http://www.newsmax.com/JohnGizzi/tru.../09/id/758021/

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am a lot happier with Hillary's defeat than I am with Trump's victory, considering that we could have had Ben Carson. That said, I am breathing a huge sigh of relief over the future of the Supreme Court. Trump may well have the potential to shake up both the government and the GOP in some positive ways, and I hope he does.
    Wasn't "hope and change" Obama's deal? I keep hearing "I hope" in reference to Trump, and that isn't confidence inspiring. I'd rather be saying, "I'm sure he'll do what he said he would." We will see how it goes, but at least I should be able to find powder for the next four years.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Wasn't "hope and change" Obama's deal? I keep hearing "I hope" in reference to Trump, and that isn't confidence inspiring. I'd rather be saying, "I'm sure he'll do what he said he would." We will see how it goes, but at least I should be able to find powder for the next four years.
    That's a consequence of nominating a guy with nothing to base projections upon but his promises. He has no public sector deed with which to back up the aspirations for his presidency. So yeah, I think "hope" is a pretty appropriate feeling here.

No matter what happens it probably won’t be as bad as some predicted or as good as most hoped.

All I have to say is that, in the words of warrior-poet Ice Cube, Today Was a Good Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

User Tag List