Page 38 of 376 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Does anyone carry over the ear electronic muffs in their squad for emergencies?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Yes. Attached to my rifle bag. They go on if the rifle comes out. Also have a pair of Surefire EP3' s for emergency use in my pocket.

Yes in my go bag. Along with cut resistant gloves, disposable gloves, ammo, med kit, etc. I've used the muffs and gloves the most.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Yes. Attached to my rifle bag. They go on if the rifle comes out. Also have a pair of Surefire EP3' s for emergency use in my pocket.
    I got a pair of EP4s recently and I had no idea what I was missing out on. I'll be buying a few more pairs of them and stashing them around my car, in the range bag, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Just saw this and its cool...

It's all fun and games until someone mounts that on an impala, Taurus, or charger and the whole front axle gets wripped off.

I see a disaster waiting to happen with cops trying to utilize that system. Next thing you will hear someone hooking that contraption onto a tractor trailer or some nonsense.
    Last edited by PearTree; 11-04-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Just saw this and its cool...

So basically, the cop car is lassoing the tire of the car being pursued? How is that not dangerous at high speed?

It's a genuine question as I don't know the first thing about high speed pursuits.

Doesn't seem any more dangerous to me than having a guy manually chuck the 'ol tire poppers on a busy road.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    Does anyone carry over the ear electronic muffs in their squad for emergencies?
    One solid suggestion elsewhere, from a well experienced aviation guy (FARP team chief), was having eye pro available. It was a palm to forehead moment - now that I'm in glasses all the time that consideration didn't pop into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    So basically, the cop car is lassoing the tire of the car being pursued? How is that not dangerous at high speed?

It's a genuine question as I don't know the first thing about high speed pursuits.
    Any option is going to have varying amounts of danger.

The option this company is presenting appears to be an option with easier employment and less danger than other options.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

It appears the device wraps around the axle and tire which forces the vehicle to stop. It's safer than deploying stop sticks while on foot. Many agencies have banned stop sticks and similar devices. We only use them if we have SOLID cover like a bridge support or building

User Tag List