Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    What's unique about the set that VDM has for testing is that the front sight is a pro-glo orange, but is 0.125" in width, where the rest of their pro-glo fronts are .0.140". Ameriglo does have the TCAP that comes in at 0.125", but it's a square and not a dot. The rear, as you pointed out, does not have the serrations.
    Bingo!

I'd like to be able to have a pro-glo or HD front sight with a normal size tritium green capsule and the vivid green/yellow "dot" in a .125 blade even if that means the bright colored dot is not quite so XS Big Dot style. Just make it the size of the white dot on Trijicon's normal .125 front sights but bright colored instead.

My preference is toward the green/yellow color but that's why we have choices (or wish we had choices).

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    Bingo!

I'd like to be able to have a pro-glo or HD front sight with a normal size tritium green capsule and the vivid green/yellow "dot" in a .125 blade even if that means the bright colored dot is not quite so XS Big Dot style. Just make it the size of the white dot on Trijicon's normal .125 front sights but bright colored instead.

My preference is toward the green/yellow color but that's why we have choices (or wish we had choices).
    Agreed. My preference is orange as green has a tendency to wash out against a lot of targets/backgrounds for me. I can see white dots and orange dots all day every day in far more situations.

What's unique about the set that VDM has for testing is that the front sight is a pro-glo orange, but is 0.125" in width, where the rest of their pro-glo fronts are .0.140". Ameriglo does have the TCAP that comes in at 0.125", but it's a square and not a dot. The rear, as you pointed out, does not have the serrations.
    Last photo I posted is has a bunch of front sights comparisons. The green square is an LE CAP front, nearly same size as the defoor front.

Gun specific as in "model" specific or "individual unit" specific? VDM ran his Trijicon HDs on his G19 for a while and experienced that issue. .
    It can be both. I have 2 G19s, one shoots top of blade and one dot. I agree with George above that most 19s shoot high as does the G34 and G35s. I have SIGs that shoot to the dot and some that shoot to the top of the blade. On my Glocks and with my eyes, the Ameriglo, in general, have been more dot than top of the blade.

Did you get a chance to run the 200 with these yet?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Did you get a chance to run the 200 with these yet?
    I didn't but I will.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    It is.

I have two fundamental issue HDs that remove them from my EDC carrying. Lack of 25y poa/poi point of ledge and size. Too thick not accurate enough, for me.

Of course they rip your clothing too....

These seem to be everything everyone asked for. I need to measure them and see how they differ thickness wise from the HDs.
    That's why I'm ditching my HD's for something else. I T&E'ed Frank Proctor's WOTG sights, and was pleased with 'em. They're a strong contender for me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    That's why I'm ditching my HD's for something else. I T&E'ed Frank Proctor's WOTG sights, and was pleased with 'em. They're a strong contender for me at this point.
    Those look a lot like the Dueck Defense Fiber optic type sights with a good unotch rear. For competition maybe, but for real world application, probably not.

I could happily go forward with only two sight options for most al of my pistols -- Dawson FO front with their rear, or an Ameriglo TCAP front with their Operator rear (or a Trijicon HD for every model the TCAP is not available for, which is most).
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    For competition maybe, but for real world application, probably not.
    Vogel, Proctor and Pannone have waxed poetic about how they carried fiber optic sights in the "real world". Some companies build front sights better at protecting the fiber than others.

User Tag List