Page 63 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    And even though I have no real need living in Florida, I have to admit, I want a HK45C just to launch 45 Super.
    What is this "need" of which you speak?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    And even though I have no real need living in Florida, I have to admit, I want a HK45C just to launch 45 Super.
    Dude, you have dinosaurs where you live. Florida is the scariest place in the US for it's fauna, nevermind the human weirdos.

Was gonna include the video of the giant ass Gator on the golf course but it's been pulled down for some reason I guess?
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Nyeti"

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Black bears and anacondas. You definitely need Super.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just got a USP Compact, and after getting the good trigger in it, look forward to putting it on the clock.
    Looking forward to your impressions of the USP compact. 9mm? Specifically, how its characteristics compare to the 45c and wether you might consider the usp 9c a good sub caliber trainer for the HK45C.

I think it makes sense to have a couple of HK pistols around because their 10-shot mags actually work. That could come in handy if gun laws get screwy.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

It is delayed a week or two. Apparently they got delayed because they were scrambling to take care of some VIP down in FL on an important order.
    My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    What is this "need" of which you speak?
    I know, right. (Enabler #1)

Quote Originally Posted by EM_ View Post
    Dude, you have dinosaurs where you live. Florida is the scariest place in the US for it's fauna, nevermind the human weirdos.

Was gonna include the video of the giant ass Gator on the golf course but it's been pulled down for some reason I guess?
    Haha. Good point. That said, the most useful gun in the woods here is a 38/45 cal revolver filled with snake shot. (Enabler #2)

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Black bears and anacondas. You definitely need Super.
    And there the allusive need. haha (Enabler #3)

Site Supporter
    I picked up a USP 9 a few weeks back, and I blame it on a couple of drinks and this thread.

I sent it to HK for the LEM match hybrid, and it is indeed an extremely nice implementation of the trigger compared to the P series, which I also really like. Great CS from HK all around, btw.

Limited time at the range with it last week comparing it to a 4.1 P30 and the usual G4G19. Split times were comparable across the three, and I did manage a .19 split or two. I hit a FAST time of 5.89 from concealment, clean, on the second try. That was pretty darn good for me.

Mags launch out of the frame with surprising authority. If there was a factory extended polymer mag release and a slimmer profile slide release lever it would be even more shootable with the thumbs up grip I typically use. I tended to ride the stock slide release with the side of my support thumb some of the time, keeping it from locking back on an empty mag.

Having not shot a full sized USP in several years, I'd forgotten how much they just _feel_ like they mean business.

Re: The shootability of the flat panel USP vs newer P series. I've been shooting my VP9 the most at matches, but have recently converted my USP to the hybrid LEM. I find that I love the USP trigger this way but I find the flat sides to be harder to hold onto during recoil. With the Spider-Man grips I usually use a medium blackstrap and large sides which gives my palms a pretty good contact area to hold on to. Side by side with the USP during an extended string my support hand will creep forward gradually. I have average hands, size L glove, and a pretty good handle on things with the VP9/p30sk. With my USP/p2000sk I run into difficulty slipping.

I see a preference for the flat sides amongst accomplished shooters, am I doing something wrong?

You may want to consider an HK45C for the G29 slot, as it quite compact with flat floor plate magazines, and nearly a full size using the ten round magazines. Launches Super ammo, too!
    So, the HK45-C is impervious to regular use of .45 Super while the same ammo (and similar use) is hard on the USP45-C? I'm confirming this because somehow I had in my mind that the 45-C and the USP-C were (internally) the same gun.

Do you have thoughts on why that might be? Does the HK45-C have the USP45-F recoil mechanism?

How goes the match hybrid LEM trigger in a USP compare to a gray guns reduced reset lem in a P30?

User Tag List