Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Targets

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Whether or not I or anyone else agrees with everything you say, I really appreciate your contributions here and am glad you venture out of the revolver section. Interestingly enough, I appreciate what you have to say even more after seeing your presentation at the Tactical Conference this year on the Habits of Successful gunfighters.
    Count me in as a Nyeti fan as well. When I first login to the forum, hit the what's new button and peruse the threads, if his name is on it, it's the first one I read. I have been doing this shit for close to 40 years, and have taken the study of use of force extremely seriously ever since the age of 19 having stood Honor Guard at the Funeral for one of our employee's who was shot in the line of duty.

I find Neyti's posts on point and respect his been there done that experience. His, Doc Robert's, the LSPs and here recently Behind the blue line. When they started getting disgusted with posts disregarding their opinions and were taking a hiatus from the forum I almost dropped out as well. Thankfully they decided to stay on and we are much better for it.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Sooner or later we're going to find a guy who exclusively uses USPSA in lieu of tactical training, who finally gets convinced to run defensive drills with anatomical targets to cope with real-life scenarios, and who responds by simply shooting the FAST "drill" over and over.

Not sure exactly what will happen when this person is discovered, but I'm sure it's going to involve an apocalypse featuring an army of undead scarecrows, scattering straw everywhere as they rampage across the land.

Good thing I've got a flamethrower.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    I ll file you in the legion of those who think I m an idiot. You ll have a lot of good company.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Darryl, would you mind posting your 2-second standards? I'm sure a lot of us would enjoy trying them, practicing them, or just enjoying your frame of reference.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I ll file you in the legion of those who think I m an idiot. You ll have a lot of good company.
    I am going to bet "not". I think he was just trying to stir up a bit of misanthropic-trouble

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    I am going to bet "not". I think he was just trying to stir up a bit of misanthropic-trouble
    I'll just plead, have no clue what he was trying to say then, and I guess I took it wrong.....or not
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I don't think you're an idiot. I just don't think there are all that many people who are gaming the FAST and developing big training scars as a result. I'd equate it to tactical concerns about people gaming in general.

If there's someone out there spending so much time on the FAST that they respond to a critical threat by doing two shots to the eye box and then reloading...well, that's two shots to the eye box. But I place it pretty far down on my list of concerns.

This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Nyeti is one of the few people whose comments I pay close attention to on the internet...
    I've been a fan of Nyeti since way back on the old Tactical Forum. He's taught me tons of good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    Count me in as a Nyeti fan as well. When I first login to the forum, hit the what's new button and peruse the threads, if his name is on it, it's the first one I read. I have been doing this shit for close to 40 years, and have taken the study of use of force extremely seriously ever since the age of 19 having stood Honor Guard at the Funeral for one of our employee's who was shot in the line of duty.

I find Neyti's posts on point and respect his been there done that experience. His, Doc Robert's, the LSPs and here recently Behind the blue line. When they started getting disgusted with posts disregarding their opinions and were taking a hiatus from the forum I almost dropped out as well. Thankfully they decided to stay on and we are much better for it.
    Agree 100% with everything you wrote. They are the reason I joined here.

I always listen to Darryl, and consider him my friend.

I am a little uncomfortable at the turn this thread has taken, as it seems headed towards a we vs them. I think Pistol-Forum is the #1 gun forum going, and I continue to be amazed at the breadth and depth of knowledge here. Hardly a day goes by that I don't learn something.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I don't know, I really don't see an issue with saying "your input is great but I don't think concern A is significant".

I apologize if my joking tone is hard to read at times but I am just having a hard time understanding how it's clearly silly to suggest that gamers are out there in their legions setting themselves up for tactical failure, but running the FAST as a drill all the time is generating a bunch of equally misguided people who are going to shoot failure drills backwards.

Am I not getting something here?

This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List