Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    Anyone else similarly afflicted?
    With an arrow to the knee?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    With an arrow to the knee?
    ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    How do you people have time for this? I don't mean that as a knock, it's just...doesn't all that leveling take time?
    Yeah, it takes a bit of time. I did most of my playing over the month-long winter break from school. I still haven't started with the real engineering classes yet so I still have some spare time. Can't afford to go to the range and my motorcycle is under reconstruction so there's not much else to do.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Skyrim, the crack of video games ...

Did a Skyrim play-through during Christmas/New Years break. Pretty amazing game. Lot's of depth and emergent gameplay. Developed a level 48 thief/assassin/blacksmith/enchanter character. Got to the point where this character could create better weapon/magic items than anything found in the game.

Things got a little boring after my character was able to slay fire dragons using only 2 arrow shots.

Yeah I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and am still almost unstoppable. I think the combo of maxed out smithing and enchanting is way out of balance. I started dialing back my weapons to make it more challenging.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

The most hilariously overpowered build I came up with went:

• Max Alchemy, make +enchanting and +blacksmithing potions
    • Max Enchanting, use the +Enchanting potions to make a set of +Blacksmithing clothing (you need to find a magic item with +BS on it to learn the Enchant)
    • Max Blacksmithing, wear the +BS clothing set and use the +BS potions
    • Make a Daedric Dagger, upgrade it at the sharpening wheel
    • Add an enchantment to the dagger if you think there's no such thing as too much overkill
    • Get Stealth/Sneak up enough to take the x16 damage from stealth bonus with daggers
    • Level One Handed Weapons a bit to get a few ranks to the +damage to One Handed Weapons talent

Enjoy using the hand-to-hand equivalent of a JDAM on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqbologna View Post
    Did a Skyrim play-through during Christmas/New Years break. Pretty amazing game. Lot's of depth and emergent gameplay. Developed a level 48 thief/assassin/blacksmith/enchanter character. Got to the point where this character could create better weapon/magic items than anything found in the game.

Things got a little boring after my character was able to slay fire dragons using only 2 arrow shots.

HOLY SHNITZELS! That's a hell of a bow! Looks like I might have to change directions a bit. I always play every new game on the hardest settings the first time thru so I get my frustrations worth.

After getting a few games for Christmas and taking a break from Skyrim for a while I'm getting back into it again.

The biggest thing I've learned from these Bethesda games(Oblivion, Fallout 3 & New Vegas) is, right from the start I wander and wander and wander some more, finding as many areas and regions as I can, then I start on the missions, fast traveling everywhere. I had about 75% of the northern region completed before I started questing.

So far I've got my only character to lvl 41

DJ roomba(Parks and Rec, anybody?) - Nord –– Magicka 280 / Health 272 / Stamina 164
    • 100 Smithing
    • 76 One Handed
    • 52 Destruction
    • 75 Enchanting
    • 49 Archery
    • 62 Light Armor
    • 55 Sneak
    • 60 Lockpicking
    • 100 Speech

Nothing else worth noting as far as skills.

So far I've completed 46 Quests, 66 Misc Objectivs, all of the Companions, Thieves and Dark Brotherhood, just working on some random misc quests right now. Maxing Enchant at the moment then Alchemy.

Current equipment
    • Amulet of Talos
    • Shrouded Hood +25% sneak
    • Dragonscale Armor(Legendary) +stamina
    • Ancient Shrouded Gloves(Flawless) double sneak attack damage w/ one-handed
    • Ancient Shrouded Boots(Flawless) muffled and moves silently
    • Blade of Woe(Legendary) for silent sneak kills
    • Daedric Bow(Legendary) 15 points shock
    • Daedric Sword(Legendary) 15 points shock / Paired usually with Lightning Bolt

Last edited by t1tan; 01-26-2012 at 04:40 PM.

bump

Level 53 Breton battlemage. Mostly use necromancy, destruction, and some melee stuff.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

I only got the game recently and I'm rocking a lvl 12 Imperial battlemage using an emphasis on one-handed weapons and destructive magic. It seems to be working for me, but I still run like hell when I hear a dragon nearby since I tend to get roasted extra-crispy in .06 seconds.

I found out about the Oghma Infinium glitch, saved, and since I already had done the quest and had the book in my possession, went to lvl 81 in about 15 minutes. Fun to go around and kill everything in a single hit, but I think tomorrow I'm gonna go back to my save and do some experimenting with different skills for a new character.

User Tag List