Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Just when I thought I was over 1911's.....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Can we see??
    Warning, I take terrible photos with my iPhone.

Name:  IMG_1907.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  31.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1911.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  33.5 KB

Front strap treatment
    Name:  IMG_1908.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  41.1 KB

MSH treatment
    Name:  IMG_1909.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  29.8 KB

Stippling on side of slide stop and thumb safety for surety of use
    Name:  IMG_1912.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  36.6 KB

Stippling on back of slide and sight picture (gold bead front)
    Name:  IMG_1917.jpg
Size:  15.6 KB

I've only carried a shield once and never will again but I NEED a Shield Driver rear sight!

Nice acquisition. I shoot a 9mm 1911 in competition, but carry HK 9mm plastic. Recently won an RIA 1911 off a random draw prize table; I'm really excited to have a gun that will propel those big bullets out the front end. got me thinking about snagging a Commander for carry in 45ACP, but not all that much choice in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    This just came home from JT Timmons with another gun. My logical brain says "stick with polymer HK's", my heart says....screw it, carry this bad boy, you're beard is gray, it's okay."

This Talo Concealed Carry model is one of the 40 where some likely fired now Colt employee grabbed the Special Combat Officer's slide from the custom shop and assembled guns for Talo. JT did a tune up, Harrison sights, and a safety. I like the old school vertical serrations on the slide, retro sights and ring hammer to give it a very traditional 1911 look in a very light, flat, and proportioned package. Feels like an actual extension of the hand. Choices.......
    Nice. Looks like it needs a little holster wear for that distinguished look.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
    Nice. Looks like it needs a little holster wear for that distinguished look.
    LEATHER is enroute.....not kydex, real Neanderthal technology leather.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    LEATHER is enroute.....not kydex, real Neanderthal technology leather.
    Bruce Nelson neanderthal design?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

A Brommeland older clip on inside the pants design for a quick throw on, and to store the gun in. I am going to try something I have never done before and AIWB a cocked and locked 1911 in a 5 Shot SME. It is a holster design I trust for AIWB and the gun should be a good fit for it.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 07-28-2016 at 05:59 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Just when I thought I was over 1911's.....

You never really get over 45 Auto 1911s.
    They just have so many good characteristics that no other pistol, whether polymer-framed, or 9mm or whatever, truly supersedes them.

I have a Colt lightweight Gunsite CCO, lightly worked over by Steve Morrison, that I carry as much as my G26.
    It's actually more comfortable to carry than the Glock, even though it weighs a tad more, because of its narrow configuration.

Yeah, I'm old.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Warning, I take terrible photos with my iPhone.

Stippling on back of slide and sight picture (gold bead front)
    Name:  IMG_1917.jpg
Size:  15.6 KB
    Holy amazeballs, man! That orange-peeling is sick.

Epic piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Bruce Nelson neanderthal design?
    He's been dead a long time. But several of the real good leather makers still produce his stuff.

I suppose some folks do call it neanderthal- although I would be real surprised if DB did.

User Tag List