Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 First Impressions

[QUOTE=Redhat;472492]One thing that gave me pause was the de-cocker...felt really abrasive under my thumb and the mechanics were unusual for me as I've shot mostly Beretta M92s./QUOTE]

It was a concern for me as well. I did not care for the feeling of the ambi lever moving under my grip. After some time, though, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Also, in practice I've not felt the lever was rough at all.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Here's the best pic I could take. It looks the same..

http://imgur.com/Sp7DyuL

There's a first gen P-07 near me for really cheap (fixed back strap, curved trigger). How good/bad were these, and how correctable were the problems?

A bargain gun that requires $200 to get it acceptable isn't a bargain.

A guy at a local class had a lot of problems with 115 gr factory ammo. He claims it was fixed after applying lube... BUT, not sure if that actually fixed it or because he started using 124 gr ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    After all the positive talk here and elsewhere, I went to my local store to check one out. Of course they had a trigger lock installed so I didn't get to test that but...ergonomically, I like it better than the G19. One thing that gave me pause though, was the de-cocker...felt really abrasive under my thumb and the mechanics were unusual for me as I've shot mostly Beretta M92s. I'm sure I could get use to how it feels to work the de-cocker but I'm not sure about those sharp edges. Of course outstanding accuracy and reliability would probably erase that slight concern.

Price was $469
    I'm more accustomed to the decockers on the Sig P series but I got used to the decocker on the 07 pretty quickly. I can tell you after doing the 2000 round challenge with the 07, shooting exclusively outside on rather hot days, that I never had any issues with traction with the gun.

My shirt may have been plastered to my back from sweat, but I never had any kind of slippage in terms of grip or running the decocker/mag release/ slide stop controls. Sweat + sun screen + dirt and crud made my hands pretty slick. My hands weren't bleeding either which is always a good thing.
    Last edited by Greg; 07-16-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    A guy at a local class had a lot of problems with 115 gr factory ammo. He claims it was fixed after applying lube... BUT, not sure if that actually fixed it or because he started using 124 gr ammo
    The P07 comes with 20lb recoil spring and an 18-20 lb hammer spring. It is oversprung. No lube and light loads could deffinitely cause issues although mine ran 135-140 pf loads with no issues out of the box. I put an 18 lb recoil and 15 lb hammer spring in mine and it made the slide much easier to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    The P07 comes with 20lb recoil spring and an 18-20 lb hammer spring. It is oversprung. No lube and light loads could deffinitely cause issues although mine ran 135-140 pf loads with no issues out of the box. I put an 18 lb recoil and 15 lb hammer spring in mine and it made the slide much easier to run.
    I'm running a 13lb recoil spring. Runs great and the dot on the RMR tracks better.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I've had a gen1 P07 for awhile now and haven't had any issues with it at all, yet anyways. I think the later ones, right before they started the gen2 were straightened out. I think if the serial number starts with B2******* it should be good. And for what its worth there were a few different releases of them. For instance mine came with the safety on it and a WML and without a decocker, so make sure it has what you want

Ah, it sounds like it was an issue with the light ammo and heavy recoil spring.

I'm running 130-135 power factor and it ran well with the stock recoil spring, but feels better with the 15lb spring

The P07 looks interesting. Can you get Trijicon HDs for it?

User Tag List