Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY Times suggests new look at knife laws

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Anyone know of "assisted opening" knives are illegal in NYC"
    Given that it's apparently common practice for NYPD officers to flick common pocket knives until they open up without using the thumbstud and arrest the owner for possession of a "gravity knife," but without consulting the relevant statutes, I'm going to go out on a limb and say no.

Oddly enough, per one of the articles I read, it's apparently legal for me to carry a Clinch Pick in NYC so long as I don't have criminal intent, and if my stated reason is self-defense, that doesn't count as criminal intent per some court decision.
    Last edited by ssb; 06-02-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    No one needs to be over 6'. I make due just fine 6" shorter than that, why shouldn't everyone else?
    Thanks to your kind of thinking, I got screwed. 6' 5" body......SLG length legs. This is what happens when we have stupid restrictions on things......giant Dwarf's.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 06-02-2016 at 06:40 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Oddly enough, per one of the articles I read, it's apparently legal for me to carry a Clinch Pick in NYC so long as I don't have criminal intent, and if my stated reason is self-defense, that doesn't count as criminal intent per some court decision.
    I don't think you will be allowed to legally carry a clinchpick in NYC. They have actually arrested people who are carrying multitools that have assisted opening blades as well as people with buck knives.

No one needs to be over 6'. I make due just fine 6" shorter than that, why shouldn't everyone else?
    That makes you easily concealable with no sporting purpose....
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Holy cow, they wrote something with common sense in it!

Vance should be charged with something for the Home depot nonsense. Past sales handed over to the DA? Wow.
    Literally extortion. It was truly astonishing to read. Tammany Hall is alive and well in NYC.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    That makes you easily concealable with no sporting purpose....
    I like to think that I can be pretty sporty at times...:-)

I think I just found a sig line, if you don't mind.
    Last edited by SLG; 06-03-2016 at 08:09 AM.

I like to think that I can be pretty sporty at times...:-)

I think I just found a sig line, if you don't mind.

My gift to you
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    My gift to you
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Literally extortion. It was truly astonishing to read. Tammany Hall is alive and well in NYC.
    And you want to deny me sanctuary in WY on my retirement and escape from this hell hole! Meangirl...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    And you want to deny me sanctuary in WY on my retirement and escape from this hell hole! Meangirl...
    Don't look back, lest you be turned into a pillar of salt.

User Tag List