Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advice on marksmanship--Newbie

Site Supporter
    Good thread. I suffer from some of the same issues.

I've diagnosed myself has having a poor support hand grip.

Yeah, i noticed when doing slow fire my support hand thumb actually bounces off the frame during recoil. I seem to have a really bad habit of over-thinking things and trying to focus on too many things at once as I pull the trigger. When I draw from the holster and fire a shot as fast as possible I seem to grip the pistol alot tighter with both hands with much better results. In slow fire I'm trying to put on a 50/50 grip, but I think I'm squeezing the gun with my shooting hand a bit tighter just as the shot breaks.

I have a few LEO's in the family/friends and they all tell me completely differant things, so it gets rather frustrating. Like for instance half of them will tell me not to lock my elbows, then the other half will tell me to. Some will tell me to roll my shoulders as I extend out (or I think 'press out' is the correct term?), and some will tell me not to roll my shoulders. So obviously by the time I get to the range I start trying everything with no real consistency and it just seems like I end up wasting ammo with no real end result or goal to keep focusing on. I've learned more in a day from the wonderful people in this thread than I have in a year from the local people around here. I now feel like I'm starting to get somewhere.
    Last edited by Shapap; 01-05-2012 at 06:12 PM.

User Tag List