Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: First "serious use" revolver

Circa 1975, I had some of those, found out they would shoot through a bath towel and into a pillow !
    Last edited by 1slow; 04-11-2016 at 10:39 PM.

They sure do make them. Never seen them in a brick and mortar, though.

projectiles:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/315...eter-box-of-50

cases:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/211...iber-box-of-50

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Circa 1975, I had some of those, found out they would shoot through a bath towel and into a pillow !
    They can make it through the outer skin of a couch cushion from 20 feet, too.

Also the rim on the box I got was too fat to fit in a lee hand priming tool, so repriming meant knocking the old one out with a decapping pin (don't think it fit the shellholder either? memory's fuzzy) or nail or whatever then pushing the case onto the primer instead using a tool. I was squeamish about that so never reloaded the box after we shot them up.

The older Smith and Wesson model 19 is my favorite serious belt carry piece and competition revolver. Works well as a working/trail revolver too. My 4" is a 19-5 and the 2.5" is a P&Rd-4. I have a custom IWB kydex for the 2.5 and a Safariland OWB for the 4" model. They give me the power of a .357 if needed and a plethora of ammo options for practice to competition, defensive use and hunting. Wax bullets with special cases and only primers are a blast for occasional plinking in the garage and yard.

Years ago before I developed my portable, modular, self contained food storage unit,(FAT) I often carried the 2.5 inch models appendix. The 4" tube was a bit much for me when sitting down and was always carried at the 4 o'clock position either IWB or OWB.

I swear by the Safariland Comp III's for competition and have several Comp II's and I's with Safariland split six pouches for carry. Mostly at IDPA matches I reload from my vest pocket. In this modern age I still often carry either my brace of S&W M19's or the pair of Model 10's I have in the safe. Something about old school revolvers that appeal to my geriatric spirit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    As others have noted, it's far past time for a modern model 12 reissue that uses today's metallurgy and splits the original 12's difference by fitting a 3" tube. Add 640 Pro sights and omit the lock, and it's good enough for me.
    This is exactly what I would buy if it were available.

User Tag List