Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Delica is like my old knees lately - stiff

I use spydie service a lot. They sharpen better than I can and I am hell on clips. Recommended. It's also a good excuse to have a spare knife or twenty.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    If you like Delicas (and I certainly do), give some serious thought to the waved version. The licensed Spyderco rendition of the Emerson wave is bigger, more reliable, and gentler on clothing than the Emerson version. Wave opening is significantly simpler, faster, and more reliable than thumb opening, and I generally find the Spyderco thumbhole to be one of the better designed opening devices.

I have two: one set up for right side carry, and the other set up for left side carry. One or both is clipped in a pocket most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    If you like Delicas (and I certainly do), give some serious thought to the waved version. The licensed Spyderco rendition of the Emerson wave is bigger, more reliable, and gentler on clothing than the Emerson version. Wave opening is significantly simpler, faster, and more reliable than thumb opening, and I generally find the Spyderco thumbhole to be one of the better designed opening devices.
    Truth!

The waved Delica is great.

I probably wouldn't recommend the waved Endura, but the Delica with the Emerson opener is probably my favorite folding knife.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 03-30-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    The waved Delica is great.

I probably wouldn't recommend the waved Endura, but the Delica with the Emerson opener is probably my favorite folding knife.
    I also have and like the waved Enduras. Without trying to be argumentative, I am curious about why.

I think the waved Delica opens better and more reliably than the Endura version, IME.

I still like them both, but that has been my observation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I also have and like the waved Enduras. Without trying to be argumentative, I am curious about why.
    I should have been more specific.

For some reason, with the balance of momentum from an aggressive pocket opening and the lock characteristics I have had it bounce off/out of lock and close halfway on my hand several times. I've also compared the tension on the lock with my other 2 Endura's and they all seem about the same. I can actually hear the lock chatter and re-lock from decently quick extractions with the wave. I know this is all adjustable, but I simply didn't want to mess with it.

I have never had the Delica to do the same thing, and it "feels" different when it deploys.

I'll get around to adjusting/fixing the Endura some day... but I have a pile of Spyderco knives to play with.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 03-31-2016 at 04:18 PM.

User Tag List