Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is AIWB truly "for experts only"

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    FWIW, I screwed around a little while trying to get a CTAC configured for AIWB, didn't work for me at all. Ended up using it in the traditional 3:30-4:00 position. I'd recommend getting a dedicated AIWB holster if that's what you want to try.
    I carry in a CTAC at 2:45 or so; right behind my front right pocket. If I wanted to move toward 2:00, I agree the holster would be totally nogo.

I started AIWB two years ago, when I started carrying. It was the most comfortable and concealable option for me, felt more natural, and I was attracted by the reports of faster draws. Ah, who am I kidding; this is what first drew me to AIWB, and if I'm the only one, I'll eat my holster.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q2Il...eature=related

Anyway, never looked back. Interestingly enough, there is much, much more information readily available now on AIWB than there was just two years ago. It seems like all I could find then was how you could only carry something with a 2" barrel, you'd shoot your nuts off, you had to use negative cant and a lot of other nonsense... I am thrilled that a resource like ptf is available.

Quote Originally Posted by TCz View Post
    Ah, who am I kidding; this is what first drew me to AIWB, and if I'm the only one, I'll eat my holster.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q2Il...eature=related
    That's the kind of guy who would manage to shoot a police chief from something like a mile away from a rooftop.

Over the summer I finally got to sit down and watch my Miami Vice box set, I had it for a year or two, but it took the birth of a child and the resulting endless hours feeding her to give me the time to watch it. That sequence was a favorite of mine because it really showed the attention to detail, notably the officer's mistake of averting the eyes for a moment.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

We are diminished
    I love the top comment:

Moral of the story? Don't trust your limo driver if he's wearing shooting glasses.
    mikeyjsc 2 years ago

Just for purposes of clarity. What position range are we counting as aiwb? 12-2?
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Just for purposes of clarity. What position range are we counting as aiwb? 12-2?
    For me it's right over one of my incisions from having my appendix out laparoscopically back in August, lol.

but yeah when I think of appendix carry its in that general area, for me around 12:30-1

If you have any doubts as to your safe gunhandling... AIWB is not for you.
    If you have no doubts as to your safe gunhandling... AIWB is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    In the 80's I AIWB a lot (due to NPE) and almost all of that was a J or K frame Smith or a D frame Colt. SOOOOO much less pucker factor with a wheelie.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Excellent.

User Tag List