Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: This Open Carry picture is making me see red

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    A lot of the Elmer Fudd types have abysmal gun handling skills at skeet and trap ranges, and they look at you like you have three heads if you ask them to not point their scatterguns at your face or torso every 10 seconds. These are the same people who rest the muzzle of their shotguns on their feet, or they use the muzzle end as a sort of crutch to rest on.
    I took a Trap Class with a nationally known instructor and everyone in the class got to point the gun at her head as she checked our mount. Most folks except myself and another pistol shooter had their finger on the trigger. No procedure, just close up the gun and point it at my head.

It's crazy shooting trap.

Going to open public ranges to shoot reminds me of "group projects" in college: if you're the smart one, everyone else is gonna bring you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Baby Huey cradling his fruited-up Mosin between his moobs whilst making a pouty come-hither expression just makes that picture.

Also, why is that one cap-'n'-ball toting neckbeard in the background all sad panda?
    This is one of the funniest posts I have seen in a long while. Moobs, the English use of "whilst," and pouty come-hither nearly made me choke on my drink when I first read this over the weekend on my phone.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    That photo is making me think we need an official "OC Rally Derp" bingo card. We could include the following:
    -dressed up Mosin-Nagants
    -dressed up SKS's
    -WASR AK's
    -Cheap Chinese optics
    -*FREE* "Muzzle!" *SPACE*
    -Nylon Sausage Sacks
    ... and so on

you forgot DPMS AR-15 with a Tasco red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    That photo is making me think we need an official "OC Rally Derp" bingo card.
    Except instead of BINGO! you yell out TAPCO!
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    you forgot DPMS AR-15 with a Tasco red dot.
    Make that a DPMS AR-15 with a Tasco red dot and bumpfire stock

Of course some sort of AR/AK pistol with Sig brace may also be present, depending on the state.

Site Supporter
    LL - thank you for posting this as I've read all the posts several times. I go through every emotion, every time, the common thread (no pun intended) being the depth of stress it induces in all of us. Some here make me absolutely spray liquids with their humor (thanks, Tam!) and others nearly make me weep as I share their frustrations and fear for the future of our way of life. Although we celebrate the diversity of the human race, we cannot celebrate nor can we endorse the behavior of a clueless cretin who is able to do so much harm with his ignorance. The feeling of frustration this biped and others just like him induce is nearly overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Words fail me. I would confront the guy over muzzle discipline and using the goddamn safety.

Thanks a lot, asshole. Made the New York times for us while muzzling your son. Ever heard of "reverse sling arms?" Clearly you haven't but it's a an easy way to not muzzle everyone and you can quickly deploy the rifle from it.

NY Times article

User Tag List