Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter gaming update

Nobody close to me does outdoor winter matches. I guess they figure the snow is usually too deep. I have been hitting a twice a month indoor outlaw match. Nothing like an actual full USPSA match, but still better than nothing and a lot of fun.

Be thankful you weren't at UDPL shooting in what looks like almost two feet of snow at -21F.

https://www.facebook.com/Practicalar...type=2&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Be thankful you weren't at UDPL shooting in what looks like almost two feet of snow at -21F.

https://www.facebook.com/Practicalar...type=2&theater
    I. Would. Die.

Then again, most people choke on the heat around here come mid summer while I revel in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Nobody close to me does outdoor winter matches. I guess they figure the snow is usually too deep. I have been hitting a twice a month indoor outlaw match. Nothing like an actual full USPSA match, but still better than nothing and a lot of fun.
    Me too, although I've only been going once/month because it's triple the drive time for half as many stages as compared to the weekly match I go to in the summer. At least it keeps me from forgetting the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Next, Taadski did a father and son bonding experience with his dad by hitting an IDPA match together.
    Never let the truth ruin a good story.

Anyway...

1. The all stainless guns aren't SSP legal, so no Grayguns love for me in IDPA.

2. Dad's 226 was gifted and he LOVES the thing. He chose not to shoot his Shadow because he has deemed them "fragile and unreliable."

3. Ambient temps were in the low teens. Which was nice given we've had a string of double digit sub zero nights this week.

4. If I ever find myself under a rockcrawler in a sleeping bag in the snow with my pistol in a bag next to me...well, I'll have a response pathway all set and ready to go.

5. Rectangle bag. Down insulation. And the start position was supine with your "hands on your 'tadger'". What can I say...some things are more realistic than others.

6. I think the "snake in the bag" thing is a Freudian manifestation of yours.

7. The 938 is a tiny little bugger with a pretty nice trigger. I still haven't shot it, but as you noted, I've pressed the trigger quite a bit. I'm eager to shoot it some, but I suspect it will remain in the hands of my co-worker and my trusty 239 will continue to be my BUG at work.

8. Oh yeah.....f*ck tactical priority.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post

He chose not to shoot his Shadow because he has deemed them "fragile and unreliable."
    He needs to shoot GJM's Shadow #3 or # 4 to change his opinion to a positive one.

I am just not sure which one, #3 or #4. The one that's running this week and has a front sight still attached.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    He needs to shoot GJM's Shadow #3 or # 4 to change his opinion to a positive one.

I am just not sure which one, #3 or #4. The one that's running this week and has a front sight still attached.
    I shot both........I am hoping they break to prove that something that good cannot be real, or at least not that good without saying HK on it.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List