Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Given up on my Cz-P01, back to the H&K LEM or Try DA/SA ?

The Shadow just happens to be the gun I am shooting in Production with, and focusing my training efforts on.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Shadow just happens to be the gun I am shooting in Production with, and focusing my training efforts on.
    Got it. My whole query then is why don't you carry the gun you shoot best (shoot a shadow in production, carry an SDP)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For so many reasons, this challenge seems like one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of.

Right now, progressing in USPSA is at the top of my list. Over the last 45 days of shooting matches, dry fire and near daily live fire, by focusing on the CZ almost exclusively, I have made the fastest jump in USPSA match performance ever in my shooting career. While I love guns, I have ZERO interest in shooting other stuff now, and view other handguns as just a distraction. As you know, in the last few weeks, I just received two beautiful Ed Cameron 2011 Limited guns, and I haven't shot more than a magazine through them. They just don't interest me at all. I handled and shot a few rounds through a Tangfoglio at the match Sunday, and unlike past times, could care less. I still do some dry fire and very limited shooting through my carry P229, but even that is getting less time. The few hours messing around with Darryl, has been the most non-CZ time I have spent in a while.

Each person should choose what is the right program for them at that time. Right now for me, if it isn't a CZ Shadow, it is a waste of my time.
    This is obviously the result of some medical experiment by YVK involving transfusing Mr. White's blood into GJM. Possibly inspired by the ending of Star Trek: Into the Darkness.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-30-2015 at 12:11 AM.

Watching George run that CZ was a pleasure. He is very at one with it.....not just shooting it, but how he handles it. His passion for it shows in how much time he is obviously spending with it when not on the range. The gun really does make it easy. It is very easy to shoot well. As far as what I am looking for in a carry gun....it's not the one for me. If I was on the path GJM is......I think he nailed it.

We are going out to the range tomorrow. I am going to add something to a drill he came up with that I think will perfect it. I am also bringing my Model 28......he is going high speed, I will be rolling old school retro gunfighter.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This is obviously the result of some medical experiment by YVK involving transfusing Mr. White's blood into GJM. Possibly inspired by the ending of Star Trek: Into the Darkness.
    YVK trolled me and I took the bait. He was trying to pay me back for asking him whether he shot in GrayGun division at IDPA. I think he does have HK-itis though.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I give you $375 for the P-01.

I spent in excess of $1500 on mine. Yours for $800 plus shipping.

G, it is not HKitis, it is timmitus, can't bring myself to run with purpose-build race guns. Spent too much time in one room with Gabe. Not enough talent to switch well between game and carry choices. Worried about Grayguns future. Pissed at Czech for abandoning the old poor Putin. Whathaveyou.

To the OP (I still feel guilty about the derail): I'd go and try DA/SA SK if you can't run LEM to your satisfaction. Based on what I've seen and experienced, I don't consider CZ75 compact derivatives to be worth owning. They are not shootable in stock form and subsequent modifications don't always come out as intended (my experience). It took me that^^^ much money to get mine to where it has properties that my buddy GJM likes in his game guns AND run well enough to carry.
    Last edited by YVK; 12-30-2015 at 10:05 AM.

I carry a PCR all I've done is the CGW Hammer spring/extended firing pin kit and swap the original sights out for the night sights from my SP 01 Tactical. It's been completely reliable for 1500+ rounds, and is very shootable.

My SP 01 game gun has the same plus the competition hammer and CGW FP block lifter has been trouble free for 4k rounds. Next month I'll strip them down and install new springs and solid pins.

I will say the both barrels have shorter leade than typical 9mm service pistols that required shortening up my reloads to 1.117 from 1.30.

YMMV
    Last edited by Urban_Redneck; 12-30-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Redneck View Post
    I will say the both barrels have shorter leade than typical 9mm service pistols that required shortening up my reloads to 1.117 from 1.30.
    I might be the biggest gamer, I mean other than GJM, of course, and that, above ^, is the rub. The P01 isn't reliable with any SD ammo. My reloads were find in mine, but I needed to experiment with SD ammo to find one that was stone reliable.

I may just be one dude, but when looking into a SD gun and talking about parts swapping, setup, I start to get willies.

I ran a lot of rounds through the CZ, including the P01, and I'm kinda glad I'm not shooting 'em anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I might be the biggest gamer, I mean other than GJM, of course, and that, above ^, is the rub. The P01 isn't reliable with any SD ammo. My reloads were find in mine, but I needed to experiment with SD ammo to find one that was stone reliable.

I may just be one dude, but when looking into a SD gun and talking about parts swapping, setup, I start to get willies.

I ran a lot of rounds through the CZ, including the P01, and I'm kinda glad I'm not shooting 'em anymore...
    That sounds more like a Timmy!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List