Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bob Vogel shoots the Ohio police qualification

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    So, if I have this correctly, the most challenging portion of the test is 50 FEET (just over 15 yards), two shots in EIGHT seconds? On that target, and people DON'T pass? Holy moley...
    ...we dont have time standards, hardest shot is from a BARRICADE at 25y...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    No time standards in this other northeast state either. Farthest shots at 50 ft.

A couple weeks ago, we gave 3 brand new shooters (never shot or held a pistol) 1-2 hours of instruction and they all shot it 100 percent clean with a 22. 90 percent required to qualify as an instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by eyemahm View Post
    No time standards in this other northeast state either. Farthest shots at 50 ft.

A couple weeks ago, we gave 3 brand new shooters (never shot or held a pistol) 1-2 hours of instruction and they all shot it 100 percent clean with a 22. 90 percent required to qualify as an instructor.
    If a person doesn't learn bad habits its moderately difficult for them to develop them on their own with proper instruction.

I do similar things on our qual course to make it more challenging. My favorite variations to shoot are 1 handed SHO or WHO for the entire 60 round course, or double the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The new Ohio qual is rather sad.

Is that Glock light on his gun?
    I'll wager there are people who can't pass it, even with remedial training.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I have seen the 75' portion of the LA. P O S T Course shot and passed two non standard ways. This was done several years ago by E B R S O Instructors who formerly worked for B R P D as Instructors, S W A T, Shoot Team. One was at B R P D with me 43 years ago.
    1.With eyes closed.
    2. Holding the pistol upside down.
    You know these old men well.
    Indeed I do. One of them came up with the ingenious idea of using a Hi-Point C9 to shame no-shooters who want to blame their issue pistol for their dismal performance. Its a sometimes-effective strategy; I did it on occasion with a revolver, in the early days of our semi-auto transition, but the effect is not the same as with the POS trash gun.

On the one hand, reading about similar dumbing-down of standards in other parts of the country makes me glad that our little backwater state is not the only place doing it. On the other hand, it makes me sad to know that entire generations of non-shooting cops are being bred all over.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    With his duty Glock and ammo. Except he cuts the time in half and increases the distance by 500%.

[/video]
    Since it is Vogel, I thought he was going to shoot it with only his left hand, left eye, and right foot.

BTW, that is a 400% increase in range.

Vogel is a Gen II Cylon. That's the only reasonable explanation.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    What's your course of fire? You can PM me if more appropriate.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What's your course of fire? You can PM me if more appropriate.
    It's nonsense really, if you can shoot a 200 drill and score about an 80 you'll be able to ace the qual.

User Tag List