Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Score Another For Maher

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    How, exactly, do you think his politics differ from those of the "locals" in question? They both hate everything America has historically stood for and both think America deserved what happened on 9/11, for instance...
    Knowing Maher? He'd say something stupid and wind up next in line for a shamshir haircut just above the shoulders. (One can hope, anyways.)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Maher...
    During the November 20 airing of Real Time with Bill Maher, California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom’s (D) pro-gun control comments were countered by Maher’s observation that being armed during a Paris-style attack would at least give citizens a fighting chance to survive...

Something something...stopped clock...something something... twice a day.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-22-2015 at 09:26 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by will_1400 View Post
    Personally? I'd pay good money to have him dropped unceremoniously from a C-130 into the Khyber Pass. I'd say " 'chute optional", but I think the paratroopers can spare a 'chute to ensure he survives the drop so the locals can have their fun.
    No chute. But give him a cell phone and the number to the rigger's shed. See if the trained professionals can get there fast enough to handle things.

Okie John

I like Bill Maher. Sure, sometimes his bits allow me to pressure test my cerebral arteries, but he's also one of the very few leftists I know who actually has a coherent position on Islam vis a vis their opinion on Christianity.

Site Supporter
    Maher has a strong position on Christianity also. He is an atheist. On the Coulbert show, he asked Coulbert (a Catholic) why he took advice from people 2000 years ago who had no idea what an atom or a germ was.

Whether being an atheist is your thing or not, just pointing out what he thinks. Maher gets lots of liberal flack for his Islam position.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Maher has a strong position on Christianity also. He is an atheist. On the Coulbert show, he asked Coulbert (a Catholic) why he took advice from people 2000 years ago who had no idea what an atom or a germ was.

Whether being an atheist is your thing or not, just pointing out what he thinks. Maher gets lots of liberal flack for his Islam position.
    That was my point. He's one of very view "liberal elites" I'm aware of whose position on Islam is consistent with their position on other major world religions.

User Tag List