Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Drill times ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    I have a lot of work to do to get my draw stroke to one second with reliable first shot hits at 7 yards. I realized that this is where I need to work to shave the most time.

We'll see on the splits, I need more time on the trigger for sure.
    If you put enough trigger time in you'll get that draw down to around 1 second. At first I hated the two finger grip of the G26, but spending time with it and learning how to establish a good grip changed my mind. I now shoot bill drills faster with my G26 than I do with my G19. I'm not quite at 1 second yet but 1.2 is normal for me with a subcompact.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. I'm a wee bit skeptical.
    https://www.instagram.com/t1cs/

Go to this guys instagram...Its like the 11th video down...Dude also has some insane videos of him shooting golf balls, dimes, and altoids out of the air with his glock 17.
    Last edited by Glock1992; 11-23-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Me too, I am not a great splitter. I think I remember one time, I saw a .13 or .14 on the timer. One time. I've seen .15 maybe three or four times, ever. More like .17 to .22 depending on the ammo and the day and if I want to hit well.

---

Draws on a Bill Drill - for me to do a six shot drill that taxes grip/vision/driving the gun as hard as a Bill Drill does, I'm probably not getting the first shot done before about .90 or so. I end up hanging on an extra tenth or two while I 'lock the gun up on the target spot.' That's what it feels like anyway.

A 1.39 Bill Drill is wickedly awesome with any gear. Stock Glock even moreso. I mean that's like a ~.70 draw and five splits at .14 after that. And that's just gnarly and a lot would have to come together really well for that. I would seriously doubt 1.39 from most people but I also would guess that someone somewhere could do it, if not reliably.

Best Bill Drill I ever shot was a 1.8-something. It wasn't the best because of the time, it was the best because the hits were in about a 3" group. Regardless of accuracy, I don't think I've ever shot a Bill Drill under 1.70 seconds.
    Yeah it was insanely fast..I linked his instagram, he does a bunch of really impressive shit...But same here man, best Bill drill I've ever gotten was a 1.82.

Very fast. I could not do that for sure. And he is an amazing shot judging by some of his golf ball shooting videos. But that was C zone steel I think, which is slightly larger than A zone. And how do you not know the distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Very fast. I could not do that for sure. And he is an amazing shot judging by some of his golf ball shooting videos. But that was C zone steel I think, which is slightly larger than A zone. And how do you not know the distance?
    Dude, if if that was a full IPSC target that's still hella fast at 10 yards. Friggin' 0.60 draw? Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Dude, if if that was a full IPSC target that's still hella fast at 10 yards. Friggin' 0.60 draw? Shit.
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly...still ridiculously fast to put 6 shots on target that quick. He posted a 0.56 draw and shot on target from concealment...which is ridiculous...haven't seen anything faster myself. Also, I'm sure you've all heard of truexodus by now... If not check out his IG too, got some cool content on there. https://www.instagram.com/truexodus/

Anyone who can get 3 shots from concealment subsecond is one hell of a shooter in my opinion... I struggle with 1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glock1992 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/t1cs/

Go to this guys instagram...Its like the 11th video down...Dude also has some insane videos of him shooting golf balls, dimes, and altoids out of the air with his glock 17.
    Wow, that dude has some pretty frigging awesome stuff going on! I am impressed.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    A 1.39 Bill Drill is wickedly awesome with any gear. Stock Glock even moreso. I mean that's like a ~.70 draw and five splits at .14 after that. And that's just gnarly and a lot would have to come together really well for that. I would seriously doubt 1.39 from most people but I also would guess that someone somewhere could do it, if not reliably.
    Couple notes on that 1.39 "bill drill"... and I point this out not to knock t1cs, because his draw speed is flat out ridiculous from concealment.

First, shooting on an A zone is different from shooting on a full or 2/3 size IPSC steel target. I'd be curious to see how he did with the drill's specified accuracy standards.

Second, what's still stock about that Glock? Stippling, who cares.. but when you get down into sub .20 splits (he's averaging ~.15 apparently) I suspect the lightening cuts in the slide start to make a bit of difference (lower reciprocating mass is going to allow it to shoot flatter, with increased cyclic speed, at the expense of durability with duty ammo). Though the trigger itself looks stock, and I'd like to believe the internals are as well, I can't yet conceive of the individual who customizes their Glock's slide, magwell, frame, and barrel, and then leaves the trigger alone. Personally, I would consider that Glock heavily modified and, in 40, a decent Limited gun.

If the speed and accuracy are both there, I'm surprised he's not contending for USPSA championships instead of posting on instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by eyemahm View Post
    Couple notes on that 1.39 "bill drill"... and I point this out not to knock t1cs, because his draw speed is flat out ridiculous from concealment.

First, shooting on an A zone is different from shooting on a full or 2/3 size IPSC steel target. I'd be curious to see how he did with the drill's specified accuracy standards.

Second, what's still stock about that Glock? Stippling, who cares.. but when you get down into sub .20 splits (he's averaging ~.15 apparently) I suspect the lightening cuts in the slide start to make a bit of difference (lower reciprocating mass is going to allow it to shoot flatter, with increased cyclic speed, at the expense of durability with duty ammo). Though the trigger itself looks stock, and I'd like to believe the internals are as well, I can't yet conceive of the individual who customizes their Glock's slide, magwell, frame, and barrel, and then leaves the trigger alone. Personally, I would consider that Glock heavily modified and, in 40, a decent Limited gun.

If the speed and accuracy are both there, I'm surprised he's not contending for USPSA championships instead of posting on instagram.
    Yeah it may not be to the original parameters of the Bill Drill, still a modified bill drill and impressive at that...Not sure I know anyone that could get the kind of speed he got from concealment. As far as the glock goes, he claims to have a completely stock trigger, and I don't see why he would lie about that...Trigger work or not it wouldn't take away from the crazy trick shots he takes, they're still equally as impressive regardless. And as far as the instagram thing goes...He's pretty new to it, and just went from like 1k followers to almost 10k in one day...So it's just a matter of time before he's sponsored by somebody and shooting for free. Instagram has its benefits, I've seen lots of people profit from it.

User Tag List