Page 16 of 185 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Spray is usually in my backpack when I am at work.
    Does that model of spray have a pocket clip on it? I can't tell from the picture. If so, what do ya think of it in ease of carry sense, etc..?

It does have a pocket clip. This one just arrived to replace an older can in the rotation and it's the first one I've had with a pocket clip. Give me about a week and I'll let you know. My initial impression is, it makes drawing and indexing with the left hand quite easy. Either from the front or back pocket of jeans. I like that it keeps the can oriented and not bouncing around.

The problem is the can is really setup for left-hand use. The clip isn't movable and so I have to "Calvary draw" the can (rotating my wrist out and then in and up) to get indexed with my right hand. This isn't too big a deal, because I usually have spray setup for left hand anyways, preferring impact tool for the right (strong) hand.

-Rob
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-04-2015 at 10:36 PM.

My initial impression is, it makes drawing and indexing with the left hand quite easy.
    That's my -preference- for non-ballistic options too...
    Left hand works light/knife/reload/etc. Right hand works the pistol.

It does have a pocket clip. This one just arrived to replace an older can in the rotation and it's the first one I've had with a pocket clip. Give me about a week and I'll let you know. My initial impression is, it makes drawing and indexing with the left hand quite easy. Either from the front or back pocket of jeans. I like that it keeps the can oriented and not bouncing around.

The problem is the can is really setup for left-hand use. The clip isn't movable and so I have to "Calvary draw" the can (rotating my wrist out and then in and up) to get indexed with my right hand. This isn't too big a deal, because I usually have spray setup for left hand anyways, preferring impact tool for the right (strong) hand.

-Rob
    Rob sorta hard to tell, is that OC Sabre, what size if so & where did you order it?

Also looking forward to your feedback here after a week's carry, per your post above.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 11-05-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Revolver Rob, what part of the country are you in?

I love that slap jack and sap, but here in Texas, they are specifically prohibited... :(

The key ring "single brass knuckle" is pretty sweet too.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 11-06-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    The key ring "single brass knuckle" is pretty sweet too.
    That's a "Dixie Top Popper".
    I have one just like it.
    Sir, it's for opening beer bottles, it's not a brass knuckle sir.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-06-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    That's a "Dixie Top Popper".
    I have one just like it.
    Sir, it's for opening beer bottles, it's not a brass knuckle sir.
    I love the pop topper BUT, the first time he saw mine on my keys my son said, "Where'd you get the brass knuckle?" I, of course, explained that it's a bottle opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Revolver Rob, what part of the country are you in?

I love that slap jack and sap, but here in Texas, they are specifically prohibited...
    Even for LEOs?
    I feel the same way, wish our laws were more up to date on weapons other than firearms.

I'm supervising security at a very large, very drunk Mexican wedding and dance this evening.
    In honor of this thread I'm tossing the top popper in my pocket.
    You know... so I can open a beer for a Senorita.

Attachment 4281

PPS in a VG2 will be tucked AIWB.
    Pop topper and fixed blade will be in my right front pocket.
    Foster sap will be in the right thigh "ruler pocket" of my Duluth pants.
    Benchmade will be my utility knife clipped in my left front pocket along with my wallet and phone.
    My real impact weapon (Motorola brick radio) will be on my left hip.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-06-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Even for LEOs?
    I feel the same way, wish our laws were more up to date on weapons other than firearms.
    The statute states:
    Sec. 46.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter (1) "Club" means an instrument that is specially designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument, and includes but is not limited to the following (A) blackjack;(B) nightstick;(C) mace;(D) tomahawk.

Now, you can carry a "club" on your premises. And a blackjack is legal to own. But your CHL is a HANDGUN license only, and will not cover brass knuckles, clubs, blackjacks, etc... I can also carry a folding knife with a 5" blade as long as the blade is one sided. If I carry a "dirk or stiletto" with a 5" I am somehow that much more deadly and in violation of the law. I don't think the guy who was stabbed would be able to tell the difference in blade style.

And as a LEO, I think you should be exempt from prosecution for carry of a blackjack. But my agency wants us to hit folks with a Monadnock collapsible baton. At one time I could hit folks with an ASP steel baton, but now, that baton is unworthy of striking people per my policy manual. Apparently, If I hit someone with a Monadnaock, all is right with the universe... but if I hit them under the exact same circumstance with an ASP, PR-24, Mag Light, SL-20, Motorola Hand Held, or a leather sap, I am now a vile person worthy of an ass chewing from command. Politics get in my way.

Jody,
    I like the concept of the Dixie Top Popper, but being titanium and from Shiv Works, It is probably too rich for my broke ass.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 11-06-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List