Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Add another G19 or get G17

Not to derail but, I found a few rtf2 17's at my LGS. The fired casing packs were marked NOV 2010. Do these fall into the category of gen3's that Id be taking a chance with? Reason I ask is, the whole point of me getting one of these is to wait out the gen4 teething issues.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaiMei View Post
    Not to derail but, I found a few rtf2 17's at my LGS. The fired casing packs were marked NOV 2010. Do these fall into the category of gen3's that Id be taking a chance with? Reason I ask is, the whole point of me getting one of these is to wait out the gen4 teething issues.
    Yep. Do it. I believe it is 2011 is the problem year.

I have both. I shoot the 19 in GSSF and the 17 in IDPA. I shoot the 19 better at speed as I prefer the recoil impulse to that of the 17. I use the 17 in IDPA because the draws and reloads are a little easier with it.

I don't think there is a wrong answer to the question.

Quote Originally Posted by PaiMei View Post
    I'm on my 4th 9mm RTF2 specimen and haven't had a single gun-related malf out of any of them over LOTS of rounds through all of them (my most recent is a 19 prefix NZXxxx, January 2010, but I had a 17RTF2 that IIRC was Nov '10 too that was fine)... think they're a pretty safe bet.

User Tag List