Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DOT 5 brake fluid for rimfire suppressor treatment (makes cleaning easier)

Anyone try Fireclean to clean up silencer baffles? I've heard good things about it for use in 22 suppressors.

What makes rim fire suppressors so much dirtier than others?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Lead buildup is one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    Lead buildup is one issue.
    Due to unjacketed bullets?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    As I understand it, it's a combination of issues:

Unjacketed bullet
    lead hardness
    wax type bullet lubes
    excessive unburnt powder fouling
    rimfire priming compounds

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    Auto body shops hate Armorall, many won't even allow it in the shops. It carries pretty far, much further than you'd imagine, and has ruined a lot of paint jobs.
    Silicone is a horrid contaminant. Shops that work on aerospace electronics would like you to leave your livestrong bracelet at home. I don't know how many times I've looked at a FTIR plot and found RTV has crept into a customer's floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ignore Alien Orders

This is why I wish I'd done more research before buying a rimfire can. My Outback II is a sealed unit, and the aluminum in its construction means I can't use a lot of otherwise viable methods to clean it. I've been seriously considering sending it in to Gemtech to have it rebuilt into an Outback IID with their new baffle stack.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    This is why I wish I'd done more research before buying a rimfire can. My Outback II is a sealed unit, and the aluminum in its construction means I can't use a lot of otherwise viable methods to clean it. I've been seriously considering sending it in to Gemtech to have it rebuilt into an Outback IID with their new baffle stack.
    I've been following a thread on another forum about the rebuilds Gemtech is doing; I would jump on that if I were you.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    You could also send it to SRI and have it jailbroke. But I just saw on their website they are no longer jailbreaking used .22 cans.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    You could also send it to SRI and have it jailbroke. But I just saw on their website they are no longer jailbreaking used .22 cans.
    The Gemtech program he mentioned seems like a no brainer
    #RESIST

User Tag List