EDIT

Did a quick google search.

Oh. My. God.

Quote Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
    This is a joke, right?

EDIT

Did a quick google search.

Oh. My. God.
    Looks like something out of a SIG-Cohen operation.

I guess with all of the new SFA pistols on the market you have to find someone to sell to besides LE agencies.

BNG (bold new graphics) is what you get instead of quality control !

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    BNG (bold new graphics) is what you get instead of quality control !
    The digital zebra makes it easier to find when the customer leaves it in the broom closet for five years.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    If I could buy an M&P9 tomorrow, and not have to worry about making sure I got a good one, I'd likely buy three or four of them.
    That's what keeps me from picking up a couple. It's a shame, because the pistol had great potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
    Out of that list, a HK P30 LEM V2:

- is reliable
    - is accurate
    - has customizable grips
    - is lefty friendly
    - has a 1913 rail
    - features a consistent trigger pull, every single time
    - has a simple manual of arms (no TS, no decocker)
    - Glock 19 sized (ish)

Kind of interesting this is pretty close to my list of 'wants' when I bought my M&P, except being a bit smaller (which I like) and the price tag (which is high, but doable)...hmmm...hmmm...

Rich in Tampa
    A quick note on my experience with the P30 LEM v2 (quickly updated to v TLG):

-It wasn't relaible out of the box with the 115gr US ammo I used. Mutliple FTEs. Once the lighter hammer spring was used it was golden.
    -It is a pistol that "fits my hand" exceedingly well, but I struggled with my grip interfering with the slide release.
    -Slowfire accuracy is on par with or better than every pistol I've ever shot.
    -Shooting it accurately at speed was an area I struggled with. Most of my shooting time has been on an M&P9 FSwith apex DCAEK (sold due to department policy and accuracy issues, but oh what a trigger) and an early gen 4 G17 (absolutely the best overall pistol I've ever owned, and what I sold to switch to the p30).

I'm on the fence between getting another gen 4 17 and chopping the grip or going back to my old p30 (friend has it and will sell it back). I love the p30,it carries a pride of ownership the glock doesn't, and I'm vain enough for that to matter, but the glock is cheaper, simpler, and it takes less work to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by texag View Post
    A quick note on my experience with the P30 LEM v2 (quickly updated to v TLG):

-It wasn't relaible out of the box with the 115gr US ammo I used. Mutliple FTEs. Once the lighter hammer spring was used it was golden.
    -It is a pistol that "fits my hand" exceedingly well, but I struggled with my grip interfering with the slide release.
    -Slowfire accuracy is on par with or better than every pistol I've ever shot.
    -Shooting it accurately at speed was an area I struggled with. Most of my shooting time has been on an M&P9 FSwith apex DCAEK (sold due to department policy and accuracy issues, but oh what a trigger) and an early gen 4 G17 (absolutely the best overall pistol I've ever owned, and what I sold to switch to the p30).

I'm on the fence between getting another gen 4 17 and chopping the grip or going back to my old p30 (friend has it and will sell it back). I love the p30,it carries a pride of ownership the glock doesn't, and I'm vain enough for that to matter, but the glock is cheaper, simpler, and it takes less work to shoot well.
    Most of my handguns are Glock 9mms, so I certainly wouldn't advise against the G17, but have you tried the VP9 yet? It has the same P30 accuracy, would use your existing P30 magazines, nearly identical grip to the P30, and a trigger that is much easier to shoot at speed than the P30. Won't break the bank either. I'd give it a look - I'm very satisfied with mine.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Most of my handguns are Glock 9mms, so I certainly wouldn't advise against the G17, but have you tried the VP9 yet? It has the same P30 accuracy, would use your existing P30 magazines, nearly identical grip to the P30, and a trigger that is much easier to shoot at speed than the P30. Won't break the bank either. I'd give it a look - I'm very satisfied with mine.
    Heavily edited from my first post to make things clearer:

I don't own the P30, but have it in my possession. It's my friend's gun, but he switched to a g19 per department policy. I carry a gen 3 g34 and am getting tired of dealing with something so big for AIWB. I'm between a chopped 17 and the p30.

The 17 would be cheaper to acquire, is easier to shoot well, is more concealable (with the chop), and easier to get/replace parts and modify to my liking.

I absolutely love the p30 for its quality, reliability with the proper springs, ergos,and added safety margin, but it's just plain harder to shoot and conceal.

The VP9 I dryfired reminded me of an older M&P trigger before modification. I wasn't a fan. I can probably work a favorable trade with my buddy where he gets my g34 (he and his son have just started USPSA and love it) and I get his p30 (already modded to my liking except for a stock rear sight). The vp9 just isn't different enough from the glock to be an option for me.

I think some time at a range that allows drawing and "rapid fire" is in order. The timer should solve it.
    Last edited by texag; 02-01-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    As I have written and documented previously, the vast majority of full-size M&P9's I've shot have been equivalent to a typical stock 3rd gen 9mm Glock--both pistol types running 90-95 at 25 yds on an NRA B8 slow fire right out of the box. I have seen and shot a couple of M&P9's that offered mediocre and inconsistent accuracy at 25 yds. I've also seen some Glocks (both 3rd and 4th gen) with major issues. However the Glocks are generally easier to fix and get running acceptably; infrequently some M&P9's seem to resist all efforts to make them shoot better. T

However, the M&P9's made in the past 4-6 mo have shot the best of any I've seen right out of the box--no need for Apex parts and accuracy on par with a stock Glock. Seemingly all was good.

Then S&W has to go and introduce some utterly embarrassing STUPID carbon fiber finish instead of any of the more useful improvements that have been suggested by LE; it is enough to drive a guy back to Europerfection...

I was at a local gun store this week and they had a M&P9c with this finish in the case. It made my eyes hurt looking at it. It reminded me of those posters that you stair at and in time, a 3d picture pops out.

As bad as it looks on the internet, it's en times more annoying in person!

Whoever thought this would be a huge sales hit at S&W should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Whoever thought this would be a huge sales hit at S&W should be fired.
    Just wait, tribal tattoos come next….

User Tag List