Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HuffPo article: logic wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Against policy and against the law are two different things.
    I don't plan on walking into target or panera anytime soon with my AR slung over my shoulder. But I don't plan to take my pistol off any time soon either. So unless those companies are going to start padding people down before they are allowed in the store, good luck enforcing your policy.
    They just made a easier choice for me where not to spend my money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Against policy and against the law are two different things.
    I don't plan on walking into target or panera anytime soon with my AR slung over my shoulder. But I don't plan to take my pistol off any time soon either. So unless those companies are going to start padding people down before they are allowed in the store, good luck enforcing your policy.
    I don't give money to people who don't like me if I can help it. Continuing to patronize these companies is simply telling the Moms Demand and their financial puppeteer that their strategy works. Other companies look around and say "Huh. I can put up 'No Guns' signs and there's no financial downside!"
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I don't give money to people who don't like me if I can help it.

I'm married, so there's no avoiding it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Bazinga! Also, am I the only one who has taken this long to realize that "Moms Demand Action" sounds like 3am programming on Cinemax?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Bazinga! Also, am I the only one who has taken this long to realize that "Moms Demand Action" sounds like 3am programming on Cinemax?
    Just don't type that phrase in Google while at work!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    It starts with polite social disapproval... Ask smokers where it ends. Decide at which point you want to push back.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I don't give money to people who don't like me if I can help it.
    In the past year or so we've stopped shopping at Sprouts and Whole Foods due to gun bans. So far, Wife is supportive, the stuff she was buying thee can be found elsewhere. The real test will come when she can't find her (insert brand names I can't remember) lemon tea and _____ honey in a place that doesn't prohibit CC.

The once we ate a Panera was enough to prevent us from caring much about any possible ban there.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

no comment.....

Site Supporter
    Magic substances that sooth something live at Whole Foods and Sprouts. Note that the WF signs are not compliant. One wonders if that was deliberate. I once talked to a manager at another business with non compliant signs and said such. He said : SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! We know.

I hate Sprouts. The local Central Market posted an incorrect 51% sign. I told the manager and maybe it wasn't me but it went away.

From the NY Times article:

Working with Professor Kennedy, and building on successes in other cities, New Orleans is now identifying the young men most at risk and intervening to help them get jobs. How well this strategy will work in the long term remains to be seen.
    This is an interesting part whose significance may escape some. For quite awhile, it was seen as inappropriate to look for the cause of violence in the lives of the perpetrators. It was more politically acceptable to blame the firearm and bans as a cure. We see indications of change but also push back. Crime is excused as a explainable and almost to be allowed consequence of past discrimination by some in crime ridden communities. However, that is changing and that's what the quote indicates. However, gun bans will be popular as fund raisers in some venues and a vivid instance can create a moral panic for new laws.

User Tag List