Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: What's your favorite tactical / tacticool lingo or terminology?

"cartridge presentment positioning"

Just saw this twenty dollar term here in another thread. Spicy.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I occasionally do stages that start with the shooter kicking down a door before engaging targets but to the best of my knowledge, so far no-one has vocalized "Leroy Jenkins" and charging in. There was a story that people like to tell that involved Ray Chapman yelling something to the effect "get down all you nuns and school girls" then with out regard to threat/non-threat indicators furiously hosing every target on the stage.
    There was some arguing over the fastest way to engage/evaluate non-threats inside a structure. It was Ray's turn to shoot and he said "All you nuns and school girls better hit the ground cus I'm shooting any m-f'r standing". He then ran through the structure and shot every target.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Orientate.
    Arrrrrgh!

Any time I hear someone say that it just makes me want to pull my teeth out.

AD

Site Supporter
    Did anyone say 'piece, roscoe or gat'? I was reading a thread elsewhere where a person was talking about how to draw his carry piece if someone was aiming a gun at him.

In a class, we had to draw and shoot. A gentleman brought some kind of 22 LR semi to class (oh, well) and on the draw threw it about 15 feet down range.

He said - I seem to have thrown my piece away. I've seen gat or roscoe used once in awhile.

Question, if someone throws his gat at you - do you try to catch it? What if it is a Colt Python?

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Situational Awareness

Never heard that one until the Internet Gun Forums showed up.

Any time someone mentions it I write them off as being a Keyboard Kommando, Gun Store Kommando or Mall Ninja that has played "Call of Dooty" a few times too many.

Back in the "Day" it was called "paying attention" or "aware of your surroundings ".

Someone mentioned "Dude". I say "Dude" all the time.

Paul
    Pretty sure Claude Werner uses that term quite a bit in his classes. Then again, back in the day he was an SF Team Leader too. :-)

I use "dude" a lot as well.

I also use "kit". I have tool kit. I have a fishing kit. I want a S&W Model 34 kit gun.

The term 'ruck' was used a lot during my brief sojourn in the National Guard. We went on ruck marches carrying our rucks. I don't recall that I've ever heard that term used elsewhere.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 08-25-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List