Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Open Carry Experience

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    You see an OC guy and think "I can take his gun". Really? That's what you see?
    You look around at your fellow Mart-Mart shoppers and don't think "That irked-looking gal may make a play for my gun..." Really? That's not what you think?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

AD

That's exactly what I think...especially when its in an Uncle Mikes clip on holster and the person is walking around like he owns the joint...totally oblivious to their surroundings.

True. I have to admit I've seen a few OC'ers where those thoughts did cross my mind.

But then, there's a lot of people out who shouldn't be anywhere near a gun, and that's AFTER they got their CC permit!

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver

Yup.
    Be polite to everyone you meet.
    But have a plan to kill them if necessary.

OC just makes my planning that much simpler because I don't even need MY gun.

I had this same discussion with the multiple Police officers I did ride alongs with a few weeks ago.
    I think I opened some of their eyes to how complacent they'd become with their body positioning.

I really love the guy (usually a gun store clerk) leaning across a 2' wide counter who's carrying in a horizontal shoulder holster giving me better access to the butt of his gun than he has.
    But I bet you $100 he's "armed and dangerous" in his mind.
    Last edited by JodyH; 06-15-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    I recall a young man wearing a school system police shirt (our schools have dedicated departments). He was in line in a market to checkout crowded against lots of folks. The holster about 4:00 o'clock had a simple snap. He was into it as he was looking around and grinning. He would have been child's play. Must have been his version of losing his gun butt virginity in Wal-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    When I see a guy OC'ing a gun, the first thought that pops into my mind is "I could take his gun and there's nothing he could do about it."
    And I guarantee with a little planning I'd be successful 95% of the time.
    If those are the thoughts going through my law abiding head, I'm pretty sure the bad guys aren't peeing themselves in fear at the thought of that same dude carrying a gun.
    I have no more control over what pours through your head than I do Bloomberg's head or the proverbial soccer mom. Nor do I have any intention of modifying my own behavior worrying over it. If you knew half of what goes through MY MIND looking at YOU looking at me you'd fall to the floor in a fetal position suffering an attack of worried slobbering fits. So what.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
    If you knew half of what goes through MY MIND looking at YOU looking at me you'd fall to the floor in a fetal position suffering an attack of worried slobbering fits.
    Bets?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
    If you knew half of what goes through MY MIND looking at YOU looking at me you'd fall to the floor in a fetal position suffering an attack of worried slobbering fits. So what.
    Doubtful... but ok.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I recall a young man wearing a school system police shirt (our schools have dedicated departments). He was in line in a market to checkout crowded against lots of folks. The holster about 4:00 o'clock had a simple snap. He was into it as he was looking around and grinning. He would have been child's play. Must have been his version of losing his gun butt virginity in Wal-mart.
    You haven't seen situational awareness and weapon retention practiced for real until you've seen a School Resource Officer (SRO) take off his duty belt and lay it off to the side on a table so he can shoot hoops with the students at the alternative high school.

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

Site Supporter
    At a school I used to work out, the security was not armed. One of them chased someone and pulled a pepper spray. Held it backwards and sprayed himself.
    Oh, dear.

My current school has very professional officers I must say. They trained and practice. Good guys.

User Tag List