Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AR15 New User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Where to start?

Poor QC.
    Plastic, and not good plastic at that= Flimsy and easily broken.
    They do not lock into the deployed position.
    Wandering zero.

Cheap, "look cool", and featured on Call of Duty are about the only things I have found going for them.
    Yeah, I wasn't impressed with them, but its what came on the rifle. What would you recommend for a folding rear?

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't impressed with them, but its what came on the rifle. What would you recommend for a folding rear?
    I haven't kept up with all the new hotness, and I know we are supposed to hate the company now (although I forget why) but I've had great luck with the Troy flip fonts & rears for a long time now. I think they even have a new model coming out that's made some improvements.

I think it's because they hired somebody that was involved with Ruby Ridge.

Troy's look nice. Quick question though, it looks like that when you switch from the large to small peep, it may change your zero since it's rotating a half turn on the adjustment screw?

Attachment 2209

I believe they advertise the apertures as same-plane is I assume they've taken that into account.

I use the fixed version on my irons-only gun and have had no POI problems going from one aperture to the other.

I haven't had issues with mine out to 300 yards swapping apertures.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

rob_s & orionz06

Thank you for the answers, that makes sense. I'll add it on to my "future upgrade list".

User Tag List