Page 45 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Yes, but Bowie machines four "locator studs" (one in each corner) that correspond to the four holes in the JPoint's base. Personally, I think it is simply a matter of there is not a whole lot of precision manufactured into the JPoint. Your point about the retaining screws is valid, certainly (and my JPoints do indeed feature button heads).

But at the end of the day, the JPoint set-ups I have are sufficient. They are plenty durable for my retired carry lifestyle, they are adequately accurate once dialled-in, and while re-zeroing after a battery change is an annoyance, all it takes is a bit of time and ammunition.

I have both in abundance…

Wish I would have waited to get a Deltapoint 2 or pro model. I had a Deltapoint for my CORE on order since November and it just shipped. I really forgot about it since the it was going to take 4 months to ship.

I do like the Deltapoint the one I borrowed better than the RMR on my CORE. I want to do the same with a G17 and G19 if the concept is good for me.

This thread just spurred me to send off my M&P slide to L&M today. It'll be getting an RM07 installed and some fresh paint.

I plan on carrying this pistol in an SD/HD role only. Our current policy at work does not allow for RDS equipped pistols - yet.

Everyone needs a RDS handgun
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Has anyone used an RM05G in this capacity? This is the 9MOA, dual-illuminated green dot. I'm considering trying a RDS again and found a deal on this model RMR locally. My biggest concern is how the green dot will fair in different environments.

If this was previously mentioned my apologies, my search attempts didn't return anything.

Relevant article on Soldier Systems...Norwich University Study on Trijicon RMR vs. Pistol Iron Sights.

Though the authors acknowledge that there was "little analysis performed on effectiveness and time", I think that was a missed opportunity. The accuracy benefits of the MRDS are well accepted, but I'd be interested to see data regarding speed among newer shooters. Still, I thought it was a good read.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Though the authors acknowledge that there was "little analysis performed on effectiveness and time", I think that was a missed opportunity. The accuracy benefits of the MRDS are well accepted, but I'd be interested to see data regarding speed among newer shooters. Still, I thought it was a good read.
    I'm utterly amazed they jumped from the data they have to a conclusion that the RMR was better for "seasoned professionals."

They had all that time data but didn't factor it in? Color me extremely skeptical. I'd like to see the data. Their excuse for not including it -- couldn't coincide specific hits to specific times in multi-shot drill -- is something they had to know going in if they've ever used a timer before. Based on my own experience watching a lot of people try MRDS pistols, I am forced to assume that the MRDS shooters were slower, and more statistically significantly slower than they were more accurate, and thus that data was tossed because it contradicted the author's clear desire to promote the MRDS.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Thanks Doc, that's what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'm utterly amazed they jumped from the data they have to a conclusion that the RMR was better for "seasoned professionals."
    Yeah, I saw that too. Considering the sample group was 27 relatively inexperienced shooters, purposely selected to resemble entry level LE recruits, that's a pretty big leap.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List