Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 2022 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by staunen2 View Post
    Whether they were blowing smoke or not, should I be considering the 2022 as a first purchase? The Glock? Something else? I know I need to rent or borrow a pistol before deciding if it's the right one. And I'm interested in something for recreational use and home protection. Again, thanks to any willing to help with this.
    Buy it. I love mine. The salesperson was shoveling something, and it's not snow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Whether they were blowing smoke or not, should I be considering the 2022 as a first purchase? The Glock? Something else? I know I need to rent or borrow a pistol before deciding if it's the right one. And I'm interested in something for recreational use and home protection. Again, thanks to any willing to help with this.
    It probably doesn't matter what you buy, you'll second guess your decision in 6-12 months and buy something else - it happens to a lot of people. If you get training, and you should, you may get a trainer who tries to push his opinion as fact, furthering that grass-is-greener thought.

All of the gun switching will just drain your wallet and probably won't further your skillset.

Buy a Sig 2022/226/228/229, an HK P30/USP, or a Glock 17/19/34 and shoot it a bunch. There are a lot of good guns out there. Get some good training, from a known instructor, and don't look back.
    Last edited by JV_; 02-15-2014 at 05:58 PM.

I forgot to mention my Pro had the 10 rounders. Not the 15's. Might make a difference.

The reason for the 10rounders was that's what was mistakenly order by the shop, then they gave me three Free Sig vouchers but all they would send me was 10 rounders. I imagine because of the serial of the gun? (Not restricted in my state.)

It was the new/us style as you can see in the picture BUT it did not have a Loaded Chamber Indicator. I haven't seen one like it since.
    _________In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome._______________________

Thanks FredM and JV. I took a pistol permit class last year using a Groupon deal. It wasn't such a good experience (30 people packed into a small room with a DVD player). I guess I got what I paid for. Anyway, I plan to take a different class I've heard good things about with my wife soon.

In terms of my quest for the right first gun, I think I've probably hit a research saturation point. Every time I narrow down to one or two viable options, something else shiny catches my eye and I'm back close to square one. This happened most recently with the CZ 75 s01. Though I'm drawn to the Sig, I'll probably end up with a Glock 19 because it's one of the guns I was able to rent (it felt ok), because research indicates it'd be hard for me to damage while the learning curve is still steep, and because it's small enough that my wife could eventually inherit it when I start looking for something else within the 12 month window JV suggested is likely.

Just found the site's "What handgun should I get?" thread in the reference section. Very helpful stuff and should've started there first. Beg pardon for the noob diversion in an established threat.

Just found the site's "What handgun should I get?" thread in the reference section. Very helpful stuff and should've started there first. Beg pardon for the noob diversion in an established threat.
    No problem at all. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have specific questions regarding the SIG PRO.

Thanks FredM and JV. I took a pistol permit class last year using a Groupon deal. It wasn't such a good experience (30 people packed into a small room with a DVD player). I guess I got what I paid for. Anyway, I plan to take a different class I've heard good things about with my wife soon.
    We all have to start somewhere. I'm sure the membership can recommend reputable trainers in your area. A basic CCW class is not the same as a solid pistol fundamentals course.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    What owb/iwb kydex holsters are you guys using? I need to pick something up for local idpa meets. Newer frame with 4 slot 1913 rail is what I have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    I would see if JM Tony also a member here could make you one. I highly recommend his work!

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    It probably doesn't matter what you buy, you'll second guess your decision in 6-12 months and buy something else - it happens to a lot of people. If you get training, and you should, you may get a trainer who tries to push his opinion as fact, furthering that grass-is-greener thought.

All of the gun switching will just drain your wallet and probably won't further your skillset.

Buy a Sig 2022/226/228/229, an HK P30/USP, or a Glock 17/19/34 and shoot it a bunch. There are a lot of good guns out there. Get some good training, from a known instructor, and don't look back.
    WISE!

Buy a Pistol with a long record and then stick to that action/pistol

Got invited along to try out Skyline's trio of SP2022's (can you call 3 guns a plethora? A gaggle, perhaps?) for my first real session with a TDA gun.
    I can definitely see where it would be extra work to learn, but also the benefits of the system. It's just... Cool. And all three of his seemed really well made, shot great, etc. After shooting them I really don't want to mess with a classic P series; my wallet would take a horrendous beating
    (also part of the package was a new edition JRC AIWB that I tried on for a bit. It got my O-face going. Very, very nice holster).

User Tag List