Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabriel Gomez changes view on AWB

The guy's arrogant and ignorant. Who does he think taught "them" (all the SF branches) all those high-speed things regarding small arms ....... uh, civilians.

Back when the action shooting sports started really gaining traction, some "operatives" started showing up at these events and were routinely getting their butts handed to them by CPA's, plumbers and forklift operators. They went back behind the wired fences and rather quietly solicited the services of guys like John Shaw and several others to teach them how to shoot.
    The only thing worse than arrogance is false humility.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    The guy's arrogant and ignorant. Who does he think taught "them" (all the SF branches) all those high-speed things regarding small arms ....... uh, civilians.

Back when the action shooting sports started really gaining traction, some "operatives" started showing up at these events and were routinely getting their butts handed to them by CPA's, plumbers and forklift operators. They went back behind the wired fences and rather quietly solicited the services of guys like John Shaw and several others to teach them how to shoot.
    But this is a reasonable explanation, this idiot is beyond reasonable. He's an Elitist and IMO, much more dangerous to our rights than your average progressive. You see, the progressive is typically just "full of hot air" where this guy will do whatever it takes to realize his political ambition(s).

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Yeahbut....

If the choice was between electing this guy (or a person like him) or electing a ProgresiLibocrat (just like the guy [Markey] that beat him this year), whatdoyoudo?

Who is more likely to stand with your side the next time Feinstein fires her AWB across your bow?
    If this position change is simple political prostitution, who's to say that when it comes time for an actual vote, he's not voting with you?

I find it distasteful.... but is this his actual opinion or just more political theater?
    If it's theater, do the ends justify the means? Does this move do more harm than good.?
    Joe Manchin shoudld stand as a warning to anyone who thinks we can trust gun grabbers.Ill also cite Illinois rep Mark Kirk as another case-Kirk is a Republican, but his voting record says DEMOCRAT, including support for gun control.

Here's the view I take.If you look at how things turned out in the Senate this year, it's clear to the Progressives they cannot afford to carry the gun control torch by themselves.They know theyll need friends from the other side to make it stick when we inevitably counter-campaign.Wed be deep into AWB V2.0 right now if the House had more RINOs.

That's the long term risk:what the Progressives WANT us to do is vote for the percieved "lesser evil."Then when the SHTF and another AWB vote comes up, theyll have the "Bi-partisan support" to screw us .

Worse, what happens if we get another 2012 election when both the Democrat and Republican candidates are gun grabbers?The more RINOs we elect out of a percieved devils bargain ,the more we face a no win scenario at the POTUS level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Sorry, but in a case like that, I'm throwing my vote away. Guys like this "reach AROUND the aisle" so often that you might as well have voted for the guy on the other side in the first place.
    Fixed it for you...

Banned
    I know quite a few military and LE with this view that they are superior to lowly blue collar workers and deserve special rights. It takes more than putting on a uniform to actually serve and many people without the uniform do more to serve than the elitists.

From a google search I found this on SOCNET...

I'm not going to go into details but I recently had an interaction with a team guy that had this guy on his team. Gomex didn't last very long in the teams and never completed a platoon.*That should tell you something.*

Site Supporter
    Certainly I'd hope a better candidate emerges from the GOP primary, but, if it's Gomez....
    Do we hate this guy for his politically motivated flip-flop enough that if given a choice between voting for Markey or Gomez we'd pick Markey?

For all we know, Gomez' newly enlightened position is faked. As much as that would seem to lack integrity, if the only way for the elephant to win in MA, to tick the counter from -6 to -5, is to play dirty, do the ends justify those means?

Do I vote for a guy that is 100% certain to NOT represent my position, or the guy that is much more likely to vote my way, even though his methods are distasteful to me?
    Mom would call that "Cutting off your nose to spite your face" (a phrase I heard often as a young man ). No?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

We are diminished
    Do I vote for a guy that is 100% certain to NOT represent my position, or the guy that is much more likely to vote my way, even though his methods are distasteful to me?

Site Supporter
    ^^^ If forced to choose, I can make that decision rather easily.
    (Hint: Cleanliness is next to Godliness)
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Certainly I'd hope a better candidate emerges from the GOP primary, but, if it's Gomez....
    Do we hate this guy for his politically motivated flip-flop enough that if given a choice between voting for Markey or Gomez we'd pick Markey?

For all we know, Gomez' newly enlightened position is faked. As much as that would seem to lack integrity, if the only way for the elephant to win in MA, to tick the counter from -6 to -5, is to play dirty, do the ends justify those means?

Mom would call that "Cutting off your nose to spite your face" (a phrase I heard often as a young man ). No?
    The core problem in Mass. is constituent ignorance about firearns.

So long as the average Massachusetts voter thinks guns are bad,then people who echo those beliefs will be elected.When there's one gun owner to ten antis,the rep wont even take the gunnys phone call. It doesn't natter what letter's before their name.Either way, the one gun owners voice is silenced by the masses.

User Tag List