Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Fredericksburg USPSA match

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    I think we were able to establish that the venue won't allow AIWB (the PTB won't even allow the venue to be used for professional instruction...), regardless of what the league has to say.

Punkey, that was a question you'd asked on my behalf while you were Pied Piper-ing me into finally trying competition, and it was a hearty "not only no, but @#$% NO!".
    I am thinking I asked the wrong people last time. THEY don't want it, but they may not be speaking on behalf of the club.

I got the impression from "them" that USPSA doesn't allow it. We now know that is false. I believe it is time to push the issue and I will do just that.

Stay tuned...and bring both holsters next match.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ahhh, gotcha...fingers crossed, then!

Ahhh, gotcha...fingers crossed, then!
    Of course we can always go with the "Its better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission" plan.

Your ideas are compelling, and I'd like to sign up for your newsletter....

I like where this is headed.....
    #RESIST

Although AIWB being acceptable at Fredericksburg is what I'm hoping for, I realize that is certainly not my current hang up at matches right now.

Talking to other shooters who have seen me for a season or two and getting a little practice with JMS this AM with a timer, my issue seems 90% mental. What I see is someone who got a little better over a few seasons and now thinks is he can go faster than he accurately can. Somewhere between my brain and my fingers the idea of slowing down goes out the window.

At the match I was shooting significantly faster than folks I KNOW are beyond my ability. That is a recipe for disaster, and in my case, a lot of dropped points.

Meaningful, goal oriented practice with a timer is what I need more of. I gotta have it...its my Cowbell, baby!

Anyone willing to make the drive to Fredericksburg Rod & Gun is welcome to join in.

punkey71, check your PMs.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I like where this is headed.....
    Update 10-6-13

Its not just headed there anymore, it IS there!

Santoro and I shot today's match with our carry guns, AIWB, concealed. A M&P for him and a G 19 for me.

I don't really care that Limited Minor is a "disadvantage" in the game. I shot my carry gun and I enjoyed it while also identifying some things to work on.

See you next month! :-) Right..?

Harold

Yyyep. Nobody batted an eye; some asked a lot of questions.

Once the results to get in, I'll know exactly how embarrassed to be...

Yyyep. Nobody batted an eye; some asked a lot of questions.

Once the results to get in, I'll know exactly how embarrassed to be...
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Update 10-6-13

Its not just headed there anymore, it IS there!

Santoro and I shot today's match with our carry guns, AIWB, concealed. A M&P for him and a G 19 for me.

I don't really care that Limited Minor is a "disadvantage" in the game. I shot my carry gun and I enjoyed it while also identifying some things to work on.

See you next month! :-) Right..?

Harold

Right on dudes!!!! I think that is great. Congratulations on trying it that way. I hope you had a great time!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List