Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Aiming for the Pelvis

BigT--I did not comment on the physiologic incapacitation potential of a hit to bone, just that people are usually more aware of a hit when it strikes bone vs. projectiles that hit soft tissue only.

I have a sister in-law that is a medical examiner for a big metro area. I have talked to her about this subject matter many times. The general consensus that I have gathered is that their is no definitive place that will incapacitate 100% of the time beside a direct hit to disrupt the central nervous system like the spinal cord . Getting that type of hit or an oportunnity to hit that area is usually low. This seems to be consistent with what I have found in my research of this topic from others with extensive experience and knowledge on this subject. We are fortunate to have access to the knowledge that DocGKR brings to the table.

There is always different cases that can go either way in showing that what might have worked in one instance proved not effective in another. With that being said, from what knowledge I have personally gathered from someone with firsthand experience is that I should go towards the areas that have a high probability for physical incapacitation. These are the areas that we know contain the vital organs and such.

If certain scenarios present themselves that prevent a hit with a higher probability of pyhsical incapacitation then by all means take what is given to you. But I don't think we should make those areas priority.

Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    The general consensus that I have gathered is that their is no definitive place that will incapacitate 100% of the time beside a direct hit to disrupt the central nervous system like the spinal cord .
    This is exactly why my goal is to put as much lead into a target as I possibly can. I like my odds of being able to inflict enough brute trauma better than I do my chances of being skillful and composed enough to pull off the magic shot when it's on the line.

Jim Higginbotham is a big fan of basically an NSR to the high center mass, with the shooter aiming for the spine basically.

His theory, which seems rather valid, is that often at least one of the bullets from a burst will hit the spine, and all of the bullets placed into this area will at least hit some of the good stuff.

This requires the shooter to be good at getting hits at speed, and to be using bullets that penetrate enough to still have some smack left by the time they get to the spine.

The guys who took his class at the Tactical Conference will note that the 3D knockdown targets had a "spine" as part of the knockdown area, in fact several had nothing but the spine as a "vital" zone.

I would be of the opinion that should one find their opponent to be wearing armor that this approach applied to the pelvis area wouldn't be a bad choice of options.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223
    Jim Higginbotham is a big fan of basically an NSR to the high center mass, with the shooter aiming for the spine basically.
    And what would an NSR be, for those of us that haven't taken class with Mr. Higginbotham?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mnealtx View Post
    And what would an NSR be, for those of us that haven't taken class with Mr. Higginbotham?
    Non Standard Response.

Essentially you are firing multiple rounds into the high thoraxic cavity and head.

Col Dabney, the CO for the Marines at Khe Sahn during the jungle war, had his men ball shoot the NVA to fuck with their heads and force them to conduct casevac aka give the good guys more time to shoot down dudes.

Just saying......

PJ

We are diminished
    If I have to deal with so many BGs simultaneously that they can afford to dedicate manpower to evac the wounded, I pissed off the wrong bikers...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    If I have to deal with so many BGs simultaneously that they can afford to dedicate manpower to evac the wounded, I pissed off the wrong bikers...
    Beware of any asian biker gang...

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    You might wanna start carrying around a 33 rounder w/the G17 from here on out, just in case

User Tag List