Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norma .38 Special on sale at Midway

Norma .38 Special on sale at Midway

Posted in the ammo deals thread but for those that don’t tread in the ammunition forum:

Norma 158gn FMJ .38 Special at Midway $19.99/50 with free shipping over $99. Looks like a 1 day deal.

300 rounds came out to $117 shipped.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

What is country of origin?

Some "Norma" ammo made in former Eastern Bloc countries has primers harder than woodpecker lips and is prone to misfires.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for that. Also it seems there is a 10% off coupon code that pops up in your cart and you have to apply it. Then free shipping. Not bad at all.
    Adam

Ha, I was just visiting to post the same thing!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Posted in the ammo deals thread but for those that don’t tread in the ammunition forum:

Norma 158gn FMJ .38 Special at Midway $19.99/50 with free shipping over $99. Looks like a 1 day deal.

300 rounds came out to $117 shipped.
    Aaaand, it's all gone.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's shit alone, and be kind to one another. In other words, do not do unto others what is hateful to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post

Some "Norma" ammo made in former Eastern Bloc countries has primers harder than woodpecker lips and is prone to misfires.
    No idea, it doesn't say on the website.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Lots of Norma (Ruag) pistol ammo has issues with lack of crimp. Probably worth checking that. You might want to run it all across a crimp die before use.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Midway notified me that the ammo was described incorrectly on their website. It's actually 158gr+p JHP @970fps. I accepted it anyway as this will be fired through lever actions and .357 revolvers. But I will check the crimp, thanks OlongJohnson.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    Midway notified me that the ammo was described incorrectly on their website. It's actually 158gr+p JHP @970fps. I accepted it anyway as this will be fired through lever actions and .357 revolvers. But I will check the crimp, thanks OlongJohnson.
    Interesting, I haven't received any notification about it being incorrectly listed. It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow so I guess it's going to be the proverbial box of chocolates.

Got my order today and it’s the 860-something fps FMJ that was listed in the email so that’s good. I noticed that following the link in my original post the box pictured now is the 960-something fps version.

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post

No country of origin listed on the box, just this:

Name:  IMG_2481.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  34.9 KB

User Tag List