Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SBS Options

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    If you’re not set on a pump gun, the Remington V3 Tac-13 has had my eye for years. I hear their gas system is actually pretty reliable. A reliable, semiauto, 13” 12ga with a decent stock would be sick.
    He beat me to it. This.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    If you’re not set on a pump gun, the Remington V3 Tac-13 has had my eye for years. I hear their gas system is actually pretty reliable. A reliable, semiauto, 13” 12ga with a decent stock would be sick.
    Dammit. Why did you have to go and post that?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As part of your research, you should measure the overall length of a regular 1301 and compare to your 14 inch shotgun NFA option. The 1301 is short enough, in overall length, that it is more like a 16 inch.

I have heard that suppressors are coming back quickly, but ate form one's also that fast now?
    As usual, thanks again.

I’ve heard F1s are fast lately, yes.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Mine started life as a TAC 14. I did all the work on it. I really like the balance and how it handles.
    Name:  870SBS.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  60.0 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nice. How is the light and mount holding up?
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    As usual, thanks again.

I’ve heard F1s are fast lately, yes.
    If you both e-file and submit as an individual, then yes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Nice. How is the light and mount holding up?
    I changed the way I mount the light and QD now. I file off the locator nubs on the back of the QD mount, then use a longer screw to attach it on the Streamlight Mount. In the case of the Magpul Forend I drill two holes and use small washers,(rather than creating M Lok slots) using either the M Lok nuts or conventional nuts to bolt it together. Depending on the clearance with your Mag Tube/Extension and the inside of the Forend, you can flip the M Lok nuts over so the flat is against the washer, or just use regular nuts. It gives more purchase area and reinforces the plastic. And of course Loctite is your friend...

Name:  SBS Light.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  44.9 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

While it's the expensive option, I would be super tempted to go Genesis Arms Gen-12, with a really short barrel, and then add a suppressor.

This is in reference to GJM's post.

Here is a 1301T vs 14" 590 visual. The 1301 has a 870 SGA stock with the thin X-22 butt-pad on a GG&G adapter. The 590 has the short lop Hogue stock.

I think there is comparison pic of a 1301 vs a SBS M4 in the big 1301 thread too.

Name:  1000001666.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  20.7 KB
    *let's see if I did this right.

As great as the 1301 is, I sold it after getting the short 590.

Stopped in Jim’s Firearms outside Pensacola NAS today and finger banged a Tac-14. Would definitely be a cool SBS.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List