Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setting up a new 10/22 for club level Precision Rifle competition - optic?

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I used to shoot a lot of long range 22 rimfire with targets at 100, 200 and 300. Mostly shot a Winchester single shot with an 8x Lyman junior targetspot. I never felt the need for higher magnification and really preferred to dial in the elevation in the mount. I think 12x would be more than enough magnification unless the targets are really small.
    I had a side conversation with one of our members who shoots rimfire precision at 100. He actually went to a 34x max scope for competition.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

We shot BR50 for a while here. I was pretty casual but thought magnification was good, so I bought a 32X Weaver.
    Ugh, too much, should have been a 24 for my level of effort.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I had a side conversation with one of our members who shoots rimfire precision at 100. He actually went to a 34x max scope for competition.
    A lot of nrl / prs stages on the rimefire scale are better tackled in the 12-18× range (field of view and time limits) but it definitely doesn't hurt to have more magnification on tap. NRA prone smallbore 24x to 36x is not unreasonable...
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

User Tag List