Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight TLR-7 HL-X (throw-oriented TLR-7)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I tried a Modlite WML and strongly disliked the switch.
    I keep wanting to like the modlite pistol lights, but this complaint about the switch keeps coming up.

I have a modlite legacy head on a handheld that I love, but I don’t think the pistol lights are there yet.

Anybody using the Sig Foxtrot2R long term? Just got one and the output (at least initial) at 700L / 20K Candela is pretty impressive for a single-cell. Dual fuel doesn't hurt either, and switching seems well thought-out. What's not to like? It fits in the LAS Saya 2.0 holster I have for X-Macro + TLR7A, but not in the Saya 2.0 for G17+TLR7A. It does work in the Tenicor Certum 2 for G17 + (just about any) compact light.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Their site says $309 for the PL350C.

At those specs, you can get the same performance from a TLR-1HL, at just around $150, and considering what they charge for the PL350, you are close to the price of a Surefire X300T, with vastly greater performance.

I don't understand why someone would go with this, over those other options.
    Bingo.

PL350c is a miss. 875 lumens, 18,000 candela, 30-45 minute run time. and it's not really smaller enough to matter. All I think a lot of us wanted from them was a little bit shorter head. I'm sure this is a complicated and expected process, but I've always felt like being incompatible with the Safariland 7TS duty holsters was a giant whiff on the PL-350.

TLR-1HL has more lumens, more candela, half the price, 2-3x the runtime. Even the TLR-7HLX or whatever we're calling it has tangible benefits over the PL350c in its size and switching options at half the price.

Vending Machine Operator
    Gonna piggyback on this thread. Apologies for a slight drift.

I have a TLR-7 (not Sub, not A, not Flex, not X, just basic ass original vanilla TLR-7). I think I'd like to permanently pair it with my G19G5 (non MOS) as a light bearing carry rig for my wife and I's evening walks. I did a search and found a 2021 thread saying the Tenicor Certum was a good kydex option. Is that still considered solid?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

I have a TLR-7 (not Sub, not A, not Flex, not X, just basic ass original vanilla TLR-7). I think I'd like to permanently pair it with my G19G5 (non MOS) as a light bearing carry rig for my wife and I's evening walks. I did a search and found a 2021 thread saying the Tenicor Certum was a good kydex option. Is that still considered solid?

Tenicor Certum, Henry Spark, JM Custom. Can’t go wrong.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Tenicor Certum, Henry Spark, JM Custom. Can’t go wrong.
    Thank you. I have been quite happy with my last two JMCKs but I do like variety as well.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The HLX light head can be installed on any TLR7 or RM light and boost the candela. They have a SKU for the HLX head only but it hasn’t been available yet.
    I’ll be interested when that SKU becomes available as an individual part.
    I have (counts…) 4 TLR-7s, and would like to try the “new, improved” head on one. Not particularly interested in buying another light, though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

I have both a TLR7 and TLR7A. The switch design on the A is significantly better for use on a typical pistol. The older switching is ideal for a rifle or AR pistol.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’ll be interested when that SKU becomes available as an individual part.
    I have (counts…) 4 TLR-7s, and would like to try the “new, improved” head on one. Not particularly interested in buying another light, though.
    https://www.bigcountrysportinggoods....ap-only-69449/

Site Supporter
    Like the previously posted battery junction link this item is not in stock.

User Tag List