Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford Maverick - whats the point?

Ford Maverick - whats the point?

It sort of seems like a convertible back SUV. I can't imagine you would be able to haul a lot of stuff in it?
    Yet I seem to see them everywhere, and anyone who owns one seems to love them.

I think the point is that many people who want a truck don't need/want such a large and expensive vehicle to do their "truck" things.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It’s basically an urban truck for city dwellers, you can load all the oddly shaped things that won’t fit in a small SUV. Mattress, refrigerator, small tress and shrubs and other dirty things. And still fit in those tiny parking places, actually a smart move there’s a market. For us in rural areas it doesn't make since, but for city folks it’s perfect. Not like they need a max payload truck bed.

I saw a review on the 2024 F150 Tremor and it was glowing, they actually recommended it over the Raptor.

I wanted a bed for limited capacity, but still needed to fit into normal size parking spaces and a small garage. Plus, Covid availability sucked. I considered a Ranger but ended up with a Ridgeline. I don’t have any regrets, it’s quite a bit bigger than the Ranger let alone the Maverick.

Trucklets have a place.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I wanted a bed for limited capacity, but still needed to fit into normal size parking spaces and a small garage. Plus, Covid availability sucked. I considered a Ranger but ended up with a Ridgeline. I don’t have any regrets, it’s quite a bit bigger than the Ranger let alone the Maverick.

Trucklets have a place.
    Face it, someone with a screen name "Heavy Duty" ain't driving a Maverick.

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    It sort of seems like a convertible back SUV. I can't imagine you would be able to haul a lot of stuff in it?
    Reliability issues notwithstanding, it seems like the perfect pickup for pest control, pool guys, mobile cleaners, etc - folks that put a lot of city miles on their truck, don't haul a ton of weight, and don't want to haul the nasty stuff in the cabin with them...

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    The point is it is in the size range of the original ranger at a price point significantly below the current Ranger, which is in the F150 range.

In the Pacific Northwest, it is a very desirable and hard to get vehicle. Toyotas Version will be out soon

Just like an F550 or a Mazda Miata it isn’t designed for everyone, but obviously there’s a market for it or they wouldn’t make it.

It's cooler than a minivan.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List