Thread: Colt Competition 9mm Replacement Truglo Sights

Colt Competition 9mm Replacement Truglo Sights

Hello,

I just purchased a Colt Competition 9mm, and I would like to replace the F/R sights with Truglo. Does anyone know which Truglo to purchase. I can not find anywhere that details the sight cutout dimensions. I just see replacements for the 1911 series, and they show:

1911 260/450
    1911 260/500
    1911 270/450
    1911 270/450

Thank you for any help,

JR

Pretty sure Colt uses Novak dovetail cuts for the front, the rear sight is a Novak adjustable and that is a Novak cut for sure.

Front .330" x .65º Dovetails .075 base.
    Last edited by Amp; 05-26-2024 at 12:02 PM.

Hello,

Thank you. I am fine going with a Novak sight. Do you have an opion on either Novak or Truglo.

Thank you JR

I have used Novak sights for years and have been very happy with them.

Site Supporter
    Colt does indeed use Novak cuts front and rear.

You can also get Heinie sights as well as Dawson front sights that will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBUS View Post
    Hello,

Thank you. I am fine going with a Novak sight. Do you have an opion on either Novak or Truglo.

Thank you JR
    Not sure I understand. Are you saying you want to replace the Novak that are already on there with other Novak’s?

For a little understanding of 1911 sight dovetails, and I believe as the folks above have mentioned, the Colt Competion has Novak dovetails.

https://kensight.com/common-1911-sight-dovetails/

Edit to add: The folks aren't telling you to get Novak sights, they are saying you are looking for sights that fit the Novak dovetail.

User Tag List