Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 14" 870 barrels?

14" 870 barrels?

Is there anywhere to buy the 14in rifle sighted 870 barrels anymore? Looks like OOS everywhere.

I got one at Aim Surplus buts it’s been at least a year ago

I think 18'' is the legal minimum unless SBS. Probably why not any being manufactured these days. Many 18'' barrels out there though. That's a pretty short barrel considering 26-30'' is standard.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I think 14'' is the legal minimum. Probably why not any being manufactured these days. lot of 18'' barrels out there though. That's a pretty short barrel considering 26-30'' is standard.
    18” is the minimum barrel length for a shotgun without getting into NFA territory.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    18” is the minimum barrel length for a shotgun without getting into NFA territory.
    I just checked that and modified my post. Thanks.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

14" is the standard length for all the Tac14 guns and the factory SBS guns, but nobody seems to ever put the rifle sight version on a Tac14. They go in and out of stock over time at some of the new barrel sources, but the rifle sight version has become rarer. Used ones are on gunbroker often. Search for DEA barrels, that is what AIM had used a few years back. I got one of the AIM DEA barrels @BobM is referring to and sent it to Vang and it turned out great.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    14" is the standard length for all the Tac14 guns and the factory SBS guns, but nobody seems to ever put the rifle sight version on a Tac14. They go in and out of stock over time at some of the new barrel sources, but the rifle sight version has become rarer. Used ones are on gunbroker often. Search for DEA barrels, that is what AIM had used a few years back. I got one of the AIM DEA barrels @BobM is referring to and sent it to Vang and it turned out great.
    Same. I got two and had Vang do their magic on it for an SBS.

Managed to find one thanks to a member here. Much appreciated!

Anyone here been using one regularly? Curious if it is too tight for Flitecontrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Peart View Post
    Managed to find one thanks to a member here. Much appreciated!

Anyone here been using one regularly? Curious if it is too tight for Flitecontrol.
    A lot of people have sent their fixed MOD choked barrels out to get opened up to IC or even CYL. I would/will because I believe MOD is too tight for FFC and I dont want to shoot the Tru Ball Deep Penetrator slugs through it.

User Tag List