Page 812 of 813 FirstFirst ... 312712762802810811812813 LastLast
Results 8,111 to 8,120 of 8129

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...57bb324f&ei=40

Angie Harmon is suing Instacart and a former shopper who shot and killed her dog, Oliver

Attachment 118563

IME it's becoming increasingly common for individuals with problematic personal history such as felons and illegal aliens to drive for ride share and delivery services under other people's accounts. The account holder usually gets a 15-20% kickback and the person doing the driving get the balance.
    That last part you added is important information, and I intend to caution my family about that problem. Fortunately we do not use ride share very often and usually use services where we go to the store and the purchase is placed in our vehicle.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Chechen dude with an “international ID”, no uniform, tools or equipment taking photos outside the house of a member of SOCOM isn’t suspicious.

of course it could just be a terrible mistake by sloppy contractors,
    Could be.

Correlation is not causation but the owner of the company is Moldovan and something like a utility survey company would be great “cover for action” for conducting surveillance.

The Russians have been waging a covert campaign of arson and sabotage in Europe against infrastructure they perceive as supporting Ukraine’s war efforts, including U.S. military facilities in Germany used for training Ukrainian troops.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ia-2024-04-18/

Germany arrests two for alleged military sabotage plot on behalf of Russia

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/26/u...smid=url-share

Russia Steps Up a Covert Sabotage Campaign Aimed at Europe
    Russian military intelligence, the G.R.U., is behind arson attacks aimed at undermining support for Ukraine’s war effort, security officials say.

Last edited by HCM; 05-26-2024 at 10:48 AM.

Site Supporter
    Touch of a thread drift. If you get a copy of

The New Makers of Modern Strategy: From the Ancient World to the Digital Age – May 2, 2023
    by Hal Brands (Editor), John Bew (Contributor) - the chapter:

Soleimani, Gerasimov, and Strategies of Irregular Warfare

lays out the theory and practice of such actions and the Russian viewpoint on such.

Great book for the student of such. I toyed with being an historian but (thread drift), even in my youth I knew the job market was very shaky.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.wkrg.com/northwest-flori...puty-ocso/amp/

U.S. Air Force Senior Airman shot, killed by Okaloosa County deputy: OCSO
    An OCSO IA investigation found the "...deputy’s use of deadly force was not objectively reasonable.” The deputy involved has been fired, although he has not yet been criminally charged.

https://apnews.com/article/airman-sh...0f35ba86ec531b

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-i...ase-queens.amp

Illegal immigrant from Venezuela shoots 2 NYC police officers during foot chase in Queens, authorities say
    2 NYPD officers in stable condition, expected to recover after shooting

Two New York City police officers were shot early Monday while chasing a suspect, who authorities say is an illegal immigrant from Venezuela, while investigating a pattern of robberies involving suspects on scooters.

The shooting happened just before 1:45 a.m. at the intersection of 89th Street and 23rd Avenue in the Elmhurst neighborhood of Queens.

The two officers, part of the 115th Precinct’s public safety unit, attempted to pull over a male suspect driving a scooter the wrong way when the suspect began to flee on foot. During the foot chase, the suspect shot at the two officers, who returned fire.

One officer was shot in the stomach area of his bullet-proof vest, while the other officer was shot in the leg. Both officers were rushed to hospitals in stable condition and are expected to recover.

“Every day New Yorkers are not wearing this," New York City Mayor Eric Adams said during a press conference from Elmhurst Hospital while holding a wounded officer’s bulletproof vest and pointing to a bullet hole in the front.

“This is what we’re fighting every day," Adams said, calling the shooting a "senseless act of violence" and a "total disregard for life."

The suspect was shot in his right ankle and also taken to a hospital. Police said the gun that the suspect used in the shooting was illegally possessed.

The suspect was identified as Bernardo Raul Castro Mata, a 19-year-old man from Venezuela, who police said entered the country illegally through Eagle Pass, Texas, in July 2023. NYPD sources told Fox News that Castro Mata was released in Texas with a future court date, but instead left the area and traveled to New York City.

Castro Mata was living at a former Courtyard Marriott hotel in Queens that is now being used as a migrant shelter, according to police.

While Castro Mata has no prior arrests in New York City, police said he is a suspect in multiple robbery patterns in and around New York, with some of the more recent incidents happening in Queens.

Castro Mata is accused of stealing purses, wallets and other belongings before speeding off on his moped.

The two NYPD officers recognized Mata early Monday, according to the source, and tried to stop him on the scooter before the shooting unfolded.

Police said one injured officer has served the department for 5 years, while the other injured officer has over two years on the job.
    Both officers were released from the hospital later Monday morning and received cheers from their fellow officers.

Scooters and motorbikes are being used citywide to commit crimes including shootings, robberies and phone snatches, according to police. Authorities said these patterns have seen a dramatic spike over a three-year period.

From Jan. 1 to June 1, 2022, police said there were no robbery patterns involving scooters. During the same period in 2023, these patterns increased to 20. From Jan. 1 to June 1, 2024, police said there were over 80 of these incidents.

In my hometown:

Leesburg robbery suspect identified, arrest warrant issued for murder

LEESBURG, Fla. - Police have identified and secured an arrest warrant for the man accused of shooting and killing a convenience store clerk during an armed robbery last week, the Leesburg Police Department said in an update on Monday morning.

Alex Lopez, 25, of Wildwood, is wanted for the murder of 51-year-old Raied Shihadeh, who was shot and killed while working at the register of M&M Food Mart. Lopez is also accused of robbing the store, according to police.
    Surveillance video shows the suspect walking into the convenience store and allegedly shooting the clerk several times before hopping over the counter and eventually leaving the store.

Shihadeh was on a FaceTime call with his wife at the time of the armed robbery.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    What's the next class after MUC?
    Managing shoot-first-ask-questions-later contacts?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I didn't know Leesburg was like that. Bought my first motorcycle there years ago.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

3 concealed carriers wound 4 assailants in 3 incidents in Chicago last weekend (liberal wring hands: https://news.yahoo.com/editorial-pot...100000127.html )

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    3 concealed carriers wound 4 assailants in 3 incidents in Chicago last weekend (liberal wring hands: https://news.yahoo.com/editorial-pot...100000127.html )
    How the Trib has fallen…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List