Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Had a chat with our western region Ruger sales rep today, re: revolver ideas

From a Canadian perspective
    The .327 is off the table as all .32 cal handguns are prohibited.
    Ruger had talked about releasing a 4.2” LCR for the Canadian and Californian market.
    When our handgun transfer freeze is inevitably thawed out with the 2025 election I would love to see the 4.2” .38 LCR resurrected. Preferably in the DAO shrouded hammer guise.
    I have a 4.2” SP101 and it’s amazing. Really smooth gun with tight cylinder gap that handles full bore magnums like a champ. The single action capability is entirely unnecessary and the gun is quite heavy.
    I’m very LCR curious as a more modern streamlined combat revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    Yeah, I love the idea of bumping the size of the frame up just enough to get six rounds of .38/.357, seven of .32, or eight of .22 magnum in there. And since they would have to do new tooling for the frame anyway, they might as well make the most of the investment and build in dovetail sights as a standard. Kimber and S&W's UCs are finally making this something that should be an expectation for modern-day revolvers that are bought with defensive use in mind. Ruger should keep up.

Having said that, I think there's probably room for new LCRs and at least some of the 'original' line to basically coexist indefinitely. I think the .22lr LCR in particular is hard to replace as a lightweight, low-recoiling pocket gun.
    It’s pretty rare these days that I let go of the money for a new gun, but I’d sprain my wrist paying for a 3”, six-shot LCR with dovetail sights, front and rear. Or maybe one that is optics-ready.

One of the reasons I’ve held off buying a Taurus 856 is I keep looking at Ruger and saying “your move."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I noticed that Lipseys shows a talo 327 3 inch LCRx, don’t believe it’s out yet. The written description shows U notch sights and not fixed or adjustable like the other LCR models do. Wonder if it’s just someone used the wrong wording or if it’s something more interesting (I’d still be happy with the basic 3 inch LCRx in 327).

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    It’s pretty rare these days that I let go of the money for a new gun, but I’d sprain my wrist paying for a 3”, six-shot LCR with dovetail sights, front and rear. Or maybe one that is optics-ready.

One of the reasons I’ve held off buying a Taurus 856 is I keep looking at Ruger and saying “your move."
    You know, I just saw an 856 Defender - the one with black and white VZ grips on it - at a nearby gun shop Friday. Handsome little devil! I'll be back there later this week, and if it's still there, who knows? Might as well inspect it at least, right?

Site Supporter
    My personal list of "Ruger Wants" includes:

Left handed ruger americans. Yes I know there are a few, but what about the ranch rifles?
    32 ACP LCP and LCP max. I'm about to get a kel tec p32, a ruger would be an upgrade (I think), and the max would probably have a fairly decent capacity.
    Start actually making the 8 shot Super GP100s in a volume that you can actually purchase them, and not for double MSRP on gunbroker
    Expand the LCR line into larger models (as mentioned here already). The 6 shot 38/7 shot 32/8 shot 22 mag would be a winner in my book. Why not something like the 242: a 7 shot 38 special on the aluminum frame? Add in an 8 shot 32 mag on the same size for good measure.
    I'd also like to see a smaller LCR (although I realize this is a pipe dream and would not be financially successful). Make a 5 shot 32/6-7 shot 22 with a shorter cylinder and frame. Make it as small and svelte as possible-the way the stocks attach on the LCR already allows for a tiny grip if desired. This would be designed exclusively as a pocket carry gun that could work in more pockets than a j frame or lcr can currently.

A Single Five 9mm was part of the discussion when we did the Single Sevens back in 2013/2014. One of these days they will succumb! They would be so cool and fun to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    A Single Five 9mm was part of the discussion when we did the Single Sevens back in 2013/2014. One of these days they will succumb! They would be so cool and fun to shoot.
    Awesome!

Is it impossible to squeeze in 6 rounds of 9mm, a la Dave Clemmens’ custom .38/9mm single-sixes? Not enough room to hog out the loading gate? Regardless, 5 rounds of cheap easy ammo is better than no rounds of cheap easy ammo.
    I'm not going down the debate rabbit hole regarding candidates for our next president in 2024, but I am truly and completely tired of this particular asshole.
    -1911nut

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Awesome!

Is it impossible to squeeze in 6 rounds of 9mm, a la Dave Clemmens’ custom .38/9mm single-sixes? Regardless, 5 rounds of cheap easy ammo is better than no rounds of cheap easy ammo.
    And with a transfer bar you don’t even need the hammer to rest between the nipples to carry it fully loaded

Site Supporter
    They probably don’t have the right stuff anymore but I bet a run of Ruger Old Army’s would sell mighty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    And with a transfer bar you don’t even need the hammer to rest between the nipples to carry it fully loaded
    Yup. Of course, the transfer bar channel may well be the main obstacle to squeezing in the .38 chambering. The guns are essentially K-frame sized (and fit many leather K-frame holsters: my Lipsey’s single-seven birdshead fit my McEvoy IWB perfectly!), but one still has to get the cartridges into the chambers.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    I'm not going down the debate rabbit hole regarding candidates for our next president in 2024, but I am truly and completely tired of this particular asshole.
    -1911nut

User Tag List