Page 380 of 384 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 3837

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    Sold my 2021 Pelagos and ordered a '24 Pelagos FXD MN today. I enjoyed the Pelagos while I had it, but the FXD just calls to me more. Looking forward to a lot of wrist time with it this summer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Sold my 2021 Pelagos and ordered a '24 Pelagos FXD MN today. I enjoyed the Pelagos while I had it, but the FXD just calls to me more. Looking forward to a lot of wrist time with it this summer.
    That’s great. What a cool watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Congrats you had the Pelly listed for a great price, it even tempted me 😜. The MN is a fantastic piece too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Congrats you had the Pelly listed for a great price, it even tempted me 😜. The MN is a fantastic piece too.
    The pelly tempted me greatly. I'm set on a Titanium Pelly 39 or Hamilton for the next one though

On the one hand: Want.

On the other hand: Jesus, that's a lot of money to spend on a Sinn.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post

It’s unlikely to get any cheaper. Buying a new U1BT a few months ago hurt, but I soon forgot the pain.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post

I dunno. I love my Sinns, but I paid less than that for my Pelagos LHD. I guess everything is a lot more expensive these days and it's not hard to find any number of watches that cost 2x that.

I swear watches are starting to come down or at least level out.

If you want to feel better about not buying a Sinn, I just got my my 856 back from RGM, a mere 13 months and about $700 later...

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I dunno. I love my Sinns, but I paid less than that for my Pelagos LHD. I guess everything is a lot more expensive these days and it's not hard to find any number of watches that cost 2x that.
    It's $185 cheaper (on silicon) than a Tudor Black Bay 58 (on leather or nylon). At MSRP.

Now, the Sinn is a tool watch. With a black DLC case and a lumed ceramic dial.

But the Tudor has a manufacturer movement. It has COSC certification. Sure, it's not as tooly, but...

...if you want a tool watch, for about $500 more than the Sinn (something like a 13% difference in price), you can get a Pelagos FXD, with its titanium case.

Still cheaper than a TAG Night Diver, though. And more moderately sized.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    I swear watches are starting to come down or at least level out.

If you want to feel better about not buying a Sinn, I just got my my 856 back from RGM, a mere 13 months and about $700 later...
    Oof.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

I do dive with my U2 and it's beat to shit from years of abuse, but I'm still calling BS on a $3k-$4k "tool watch". I've said it before, my $150 Ecozilla is a tool watch. I guess I've worn my U2 for all my misadventures because it's made to take the abuse, but abusing a high dollar watch is really just conspicuous consumption. My Shearwater dive computer cost substantially less and is considerably more useful underwater.
    Re the FXD being more tooly, yeah the fixed case makes it harder to lose, but it's "only" 200m rated and doesn't have that HEV that we all need for our frequent saturation dives. Ultimately they're all expensive toys for stroking our egos, so buy what makes you happy and you can rationalize to your significant other.

User Tag List