Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Revolver vs C3 Glock for Home Defense

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    About 20 years ago while working security at a retirement center, I had to deal with a young man intent on beating up his girlfriend, a nurse. I refused to back down. He said, "Old man, you know I can whip you", and I replied "if we fight and you lose, I'm gonna climb on you and fuck you!" He left. I guess he thought I was crazy.
    Yep.. Always make them think you're crazier than they are. I used to recite random Jethro Tull lyrics to throw street people off their game.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'll take ANY pistol that is READY TO USE over any pistol that has to be manipulated.

Having said that, if you're not comfortable with a loaded Glock as your HD pistol, you're unlikely to train enough to be proficient with a pistol that has marginal sights, a heavy trigger, and relatively heavier recoil. Sounds like a bad recipe to me.

As an "out there" idea, I'd suggest a HK LEM pistol with loaded chamber and long, deliberate trigger, or a Sig DAK pistol, which are widely available for a short song in .40 S&W...
    While my usual carry gun is a 1911 or BHP, my bedside gun is my P250c w/night sights.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    While my usual carry gun is a 1911 or BHP, my bedside gun is my P250c w/night sights.
    You need a light on that. I have an HK P-30 with a light. No question about who I'm about to shoot.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You need a light on that. I have an HK P-30 with a light. No question about who I'm about to shoot.
    Also on the nightstand is an early Surefire 6P (Laser Products marked) with a 1200 Lumen head and a Raven clip/ring.

I do have an early TLR-1, but my stubby fingers don't interface well with any PML switching arrangement other than a DG switch.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    It really is perfect for the nekkid gun sprint so you’re not flopping.
    I keep a chest rig draped around the bedside safe so if I have time before I go investigate I can reholster without the reaching to the beltline motion associated with the Enigma.

I haven't considered that butt naked the cops might just shoot me on general principles.

Quick video of the oldest daughter (Kimber) going to town on the steel plates with her Marlin Mountie lever action .22

https://imgur.com/XZeKEmG

I can do a link, don't know how to directly embed a video. If someone does, I would appreciate it. Ringing the steel with a lever gun puts a big smile on her face.

Watching her do it with a lever action puts a bigger one on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by DWW View Post
    There are endless debates about carrying with an empty chamber and the consensus seems to be that it’s not a great idea. A common recommendation is that person would be better off carrying a revolver.

But what about home defense? Is a revolver still the better choice over a Glock with an empty chamber on the nightstand?
    There are endless debates on lots of things that are well-settled; that’s because being dumb isn’t punished by natural predators. Look at the guy from the first Iron Man movie and his theory of 1 x 1 = 2. If he was a zebra, he’d be bones on the savannah.

A revolver for home defense only make sense for (1) guns that will never ever see an ounce of preventative maintenance during a lifetime of sedentary sock drawer duty, (2) people who by some law or legal regime are bound to own a specific revolver for that purpose, and (3) degenerates who will happily sacrifice a more generally useful firearm in order to be a revolver guy.

It’s not even in the same discussion as Condition 0/1 v. Condition 3, because living situations at home are wildly different than on-body carry. Not everyone has the gun on a nightstand. They can be in the nightstand, in a biometric or simplex safe, etc. The urgency of potential one-handed utility isn’t really a thing unless you’re sleeping on a couch by the front door.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

User Tag List