Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight TLR-7 HL-X (throw-oriented TLR-7)

If the new head is going to stick out that far, I'm just going to stick with the TLR-1HL. I'll get twice the throw, wont have worry about holsters, and still use these: Clear WML Lens Sticker when training with the work gun.

Ok so Modlite just released their video with specs for the 350c https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKW1...ModliteSystems

It's disappointing. 18k candela. I think we all expected more from Modlite even with the reduced reflector size.

Unless they come out with more compact head options with more candela than this initial option, I don't see many people, myself included, buying this light. People that already have a 350 will probably buy the head but I don't see many people choosing to buy a totally new light with this kind of output for what Modlite charges for their lights.

I still say Streamlight missed an opportunity by not going with an 18350. That may be rectified somewhat if the 7x turns out to be compatible with 16340s... which of course Streamlight will say no so they can sell their own battery.
    Last edited by Spectre3; 05-24-2024 at 09:22 AM.

Now that the Modlite is live I'll share these pics of one of the prototypes compared to the regular pistol light. Note the savings in overall length.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Their site says $309 for the PL350C.

At those specs, you can get the same performance from a TLR-1HL, at just around $150, and considering what they charge for the PL350, you are close to the price of a Surefire X300T, with vastly greater performance.

I don't understand why someone would go with this, over those other options.

I tried a Modlite WML and strongly disliked the switch.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post

At those specs, you can get the same performance from a TLR-1HL, at just around $150, and considering what they charge for the PL350, you are close to the price of a Surefire X300T, with vastly greater performance.

A TLR1HL offers slightly better performance as does the new TLR7 HL.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post

Front load battery is a win vs the TLR-1 or X300.

Streamlight and Surefire should work on designs that retain the old school shape for holster compatibility with a removable head for battery changes. Maybe that's a bridge too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Front load battery is a win vs the TLR-1 or X300.

Streamlight and Surefire should work on designs that retain the old school shape for holster compatibility with a removable head for battery changes. Maybe that's a bridge too far.

I saw no advantages in having a removable head for battery changes. I prefer the current surefire battery door

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    I saw no advantages in having a removable head for battery changes. I prefer the current surefire battery door
    Meh, I would much rather have a removable head and not have to remove the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    I'm with you. With a light that is easy to mount/remount like the X300 or virtually all stream lights, it makes no difference.

With the XC1, it makes a difference since the mounting system is a bit janky to get situated right, and is best done with loctite. But there's no reason anyone should be running an XC1 in 2024...even we finally updated our policy to allow the TLR7.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List