Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Apex Flat trigger questions

M&P 2.0 Apex Flat trigger questions

I installed an Apex Flat trigger kit in my M&P 2.0 Yesterday. I’m still playing around with different spring weights/combos.
    For those that have installed the Apex kit, what spring combination did you end up settling on? There are so many options making it difficult to choose.
    **OK**

I did the heaviest sear spring and the lightest (factory) trigger spring.
    I got the desired outcome of a two stage light take-up with a distinct snap, in a manner that somewhat mimics the 1911.

Have you seen this helpful chart from Apex?

Some prefer long “pull-through” trigger and some prefer a “two-stage” trigger. You can get that with heaviest trigger spring and lightest sear spring or vice versa.

I did this:
    Name:  This.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  13.5 KB

I did this one first and liked it so I haven't experimented with anything else:

Name:  1Apex.JPG
Views: 334
Size:  11.8 KB

I found that I was better/more comfortable with this combo, although I'm sure the flat trigger probably had the most influence.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I believe S&W updated their sear spring as a running change in the original 1.0 version of the M&P and that update continues with the 2.0 versions. Seems the striker wouldn't reset at times causing a dead trigger. S&W updated to a heavier sear spring to give the sear a bit more upward push to catch the striker leg. I would definitely go with the heavier sear spring.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    I did this one first and liked it so I haven't experimented with anything else:

Name:  1Apex.JPG
Views: 334
Size:  11.8 KB

I found that I was better/more comfortable with this combo, although I'm sure the flat trigger probably had the most influence.
    I did this option and cleaned up the crude stamped trigger bar while I was there, wound up with a real impressive sub 4lb trigger, I'd experiment further if I were going to carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I believe S&W updated their sear spring as a running change in the original 1.0 version of the M&P and that update continues with the 2.0 versions.
    I had a way back 1.0 and went to install one of my first Apex kits and the plunger and spring were smaller. The solution was a new striker block, I started thinking about the money I was pouring into what I think was a police trade in and decided to buy a new pistol instead of a striker block.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I put the lightest combination in it for now. I will try a couple of the above mentioned combos next week. It definitely needs to be heavier.
    **OK**

I left the factory S&W springs in my 2.0 Compact. Satisfied with that.

User Tag List