Page 109 of 122 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1217

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Got word mine came in to the ffl. Only took 12 days.

Now I have to go read this whole thread and figure out ammo and holster options lol
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    It should be a good couple years coming for revolver fans.

Just got my new 632us last saturday

Noticed big gap between frame and crane

Not happy

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Aren't those for K-frames?
    For some reason they pulled up K Frame, but the ones I bought are six shot J frames shown here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002ILPNQ...roduct_details

They have been working great.

It is interesting (to me) the slight size difference between the 6 shot .32 and 5 shot .38 J Frame speed loader.

The main plastic body on the .38 is 1.325 and 1.26 on the .32. But the metal knob on the .32 is slightly bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    It might not be the gun. I have experienced light strikes with Magtech 32 S&W Long ammo, as have others here. Mine were in a S&W Model 31-1 that I shot a fair amount of rounds through and had no issues with any other brand. I believe their primers are harder than other brands.
    Following up: I tried to different boxes of Sellier Bellot (LRN and wadcutters) with a failure rate of about 50%. It likes PPU and Federal though. I'm asking S&W to take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by oss117 View Post
    Following up: I tried to different boxes of Sellier Bellot (LRN and wadcutters) with a failure rate of about 50%. It likes PPU and Federal though. I'm asking S&W to take a look at it.
    That sucks, good idea.

Interestingly, the firing pin on my 632UC is different than the one in my 340 M&P and 642 and I suspect may be at least partially responsible for many of the reported light strike issues. The new firing pin appears to have been lightened (maybe to supposedly work with the lighter springs in the UC?). The body of the firing pin is hollow. The firing pins in my 340 M&P & 642 have a solid body. However, my 340 M&P and 642 are several years old, so I don't know if current firing pins in those models are hollow or solid. I am no engineer or gunsmith, but I think the lighter hammer spring along with the lighter weight firing pin could be the problem.

I was aware of some folks having light strikes when I purchased my 632UC and pre-emptively installed an Apex kit (firing pin and springs) prior to taking it to the range. I have since fired over 350 assorted brands and types of 32 S&W L and 32 H&R Mag rounds without issue. I have no idea if it would have functioned correctly as received or not.

Good luck.

I have access to 4 UC revolvers. I have extensively (sorry about no numbers) shot two .32s and one .38. The forth is a .32 also. Firing pin indentation on the first three over 4-5 brands of ammo each have been universally fine. Don't know about that on the forth. No misfires on any of the revolvers observed.

Ammo brands have been Fiocchi, S&B, Lost River, Buffalo Bore, Hornady, Speer, and some no-name .38 reloads I had laying around.

If I were a betting man, I would suspect the ammo of the people reporting problems. Just my observation so far but I wouldn't worry too much about this.
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    If I were a betting man, I would suspect the ammo of the people reporting problems. Just my observation so far but I wouldn't worry too much about this.
    I will have to respectfully disagree. Light strikes are a problem I would not accept regardless of the reason... If it's the ammo it can be worked around when ammunition is cheap and plentiful but we already know that's not the case anymore and may never be again.

You might worry about it if your gun, that you bought brand new and spent good money on, was one of the ones that didn't function correctly and is now unusable for its intended purpose. Some of the brands of ammo people are reporting trouble with are the same brand(s) you say work in you gun. How can it then be an ammo problem? I think the harder foreign primers contribute to the problem, but the gun should work with a broad range of ammo.

A phrasing issue here apparently.

Of course the individual who has the problem should worry about it.

I would, however, spend my money on one and not worry that this is somehow endemic to all UCs. No doubt lighter mainsprings will always have narrower tolerances. Check for ignition and roll on.
    My apologies to weasels.

User Tag List