Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Tier 1, 1.5, or even Tier 2 tools thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post

Note: I just looked up the specs on the M18 Surge Impact Driver. The Milwaukee website is showing the same 450 in. lbs. of torque for the M18 as for the M12. Weird. I was expecting that an M12 and M18 Surge pair would cover everything, power-wise.
    The most powerful oil pulse driver I've used is the Makita 18 volt. It's way better than the Milwaukee M18 Surge. However, the M12 Surge is what I have in my work bag pretty much all day every day. It is so much less deafening than a regular impact, and it's light enough to carry it all the time. I love it so much that I bought a second one in case the first stops working or gets lost. If I lost both of mine tomorrow, I'd order another one immediately. Best tool ever.

Have we done ladders yet? Was thinking about this thread whilst on my ladder messing with the gutters yesterday. If you don't have what they call a Multi-Position Ladder, you are really missing out. I ass-u-me that the original was the Little Giant Ladder, but they are sold all over the place now. Mine is a Made in U.S.A. knock-off bought second-hand many years ago. Before using one, I kind of thought they were a gimmick. I was wrong. These things are *extremely* useful.

For instance, on the front of my house I have two different sets of steps where I needed to set up to get to the gutters. Easy Peasy - I shortened down one side of the legs, almost all the way, and set those legs on the second from the top step, and the other two legs were on the ground at the bottom of the steps - so at least a three foot difference in height. Very stable. After I moved past the steps, I just extended the shortened legs to match the other side and kept on rocking. I'm not sure how I would have navigated the stairs without have this Multi-Position Ladder, but I'm sure it would have been much less safe and stable than what I did.

The only downsides I find with these ladders is that they are a touch heavy to carry around, and they are a bit fiddly to set-up. (Make damn sure the adjustment pins click/lock into place!) The legs on mine flare out to the side a little at the bottom and thus is very stable (and I'm not a fan of ladders in general). These things will even straighten out for use as an extension ladder. I do find that feels a little more sketchy (because of flexing) than a standard extension ladder, but it's not bad as long as you aren't maxing it out in terms of OAL length.

So there you go. If you haven't used one of these multi-position ladders, they are pretty good to have around the house.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    My first thought was that the Army had indeed bought some crappy pistols if they needed to be inflated from time to time.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's shit alone, and be kind to one another. In other words, do not do unto others what is hateful to yourself.

User Tag List