Page 204 of 204 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204
Results 2,031 to 2,034 of 2034

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Today, Gen5 Glock 34 w/RMR and Apex trigger, my 147gr handloads, "Technically" ten in the black if you go by the "break the line" rule:

A couple weeks ago:

Gen5 G19 w/RMR carry gun:

Gen5 G26 w/RMR:

The 26 I don't shoot as much, but it'll hold its own against the bigger guns. All those wild shots are on me, pushing too fast to finish the string.

Got diagnosed with premature presbyopia, so I’m back to dots only until the optometrist makes me some daily bifocals, readers, and shooting glasses with a weak reader for a right eye.

Standing, one-handed.

First five (slowfire pace, but all off in one lift):

Name:  IMG_4673.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  56.7 KB

Wrapped the next five at timed fire pace:

Name:  IMG_4674.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  56.7 KB

My overlay said the 9 was a 9 (but only just), so it’s a 99-7X.

The dot is a Sig Romeo 5. I kid you not—I mounted it, and it was almost perfectly zeroed out of the box. After this target, I put in a few clicks up and left, and that was all she wrote.

I tested the adjustment turrets. They’re stiff with positive clicks and return repeatably to zero. Made it through a couple hundred rounds of soft .45 loads (Atlanta Arms and Federal GMM 185s) without issue. If it survives the NC Shooting Sports Games, it’s going to Camp Perry on top of that Springfield.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

JRV was no slouch before he got new glasses. Now that he can actually see the bullseye (or I suppose it's really a sharp front sight!) . . . geez.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    JRV was no slouch before he got new glasses. Now that he can actually see the bullseye (or I suppose it's really a sharp front sight!) . . . geez.
    This was a nice crisp target with a slightly starbursted dot, but the new bifocals will have the correct astigmatism and clean up that dot. Doesn’t really make a difference if the dot is streaky, but it’s nice when it’s round and clean.

Name:  IMG_4670.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  40.1 KB

The sample reader contact for my right eye made a huge difference with air pistol. Moved my zero, but it made the front sight nice and crisp again.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

User Tag List