Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger LCP II Lite Rack .22

Site Supporter
    I'm glad this thread came up again. I bought an LCP22 some time ago, and had many of the same issues that have been posted here, specifically light strikes and extraction issues. It was bad enough that I just stopped using it. I decided to invest in the Galloway spring kit and got it installed this week. My first range session last night was a night and day difference, and I am very happy with how well the spring kit improved reliability. I tried about a dozen different types of ammo including:

Federal auto match
    Blazer standard
    CCI standard
    Mini Mags
    Velociter
    Stinger
    punch
    remington subsonic
    norma
    and I believe 2-3 others that I can't remember

The gun still has issues with the lighter weight ammo like stinger and punch, and also is sluggish with the subsonic stuff (granted I had the red "suppressesd" recoil spring installed as I was shooting suppressed and unsuppressed, and forgot to take the standard spring). However, when I was using a ammo like the mini-mags, reliability was 100%, even shooting one handed which was a real issue in the past (and an absolute requirement for me to consider using it as a back-up gun). I still won't carry it until I have a few more range sessions with the ammo I decide to carry, but I am optimistic I can get comfortable with reliability, likely with mini-mags. I might even pick up another one as a practice gun and set it up with the lighter spring to shoot it with the bulk pack ammo. Also, the gun is a lot of fun to shoot suppressed!

I picked one up last fall. I've probably shot about 700 rounds through it. I tried some of the hyper velocity stuff and none of it would run reliably. The best seems to be high velocity Remington Golden Bullets, but some of the other high velocity rounds works pretty well too. The Aguilla standard velocity has been pretty good as well.

The Federal Punch wasn't reliable enough, and the CCI Uppercut would not even cycle the slide. Very disappointed as those were both marketed for short barrel pistols.

I've settled on the Remington Golden Bullets as my go to load for this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I tried Velocitors and Punch and had malfunctions but I don't remember what.

As long as I feed it 40 grain Mini Mags it runs great.

This little gun is stupid accurate. I put a laser on it and it is easy to shoot well. I painted the front sight orange and it's pretty easy to see. The rear sight is small but it seems to be a good design. The irons hit POA/POI.

I still don't trust it for carry.
    Oh yes the front sight definitely sucked, at least for my tired eyes. A little red nail polish on it helped a lot.

Thanks to all of you who replied. Mine is most likely a lemon, and no amount of tinkering will fix it, but I will try some other standard velocity ammo to see if maybe I get lucky and find something it likes.

It's still a fun plinker - definitely easy to shoot and accurate - so will get some use, though unfortunately not as a reliable self-defense "underwear gun."

Buyer beware!

User Tag List